diy solar

diy solar

Can i connect a battery equalizer to only 3 out of 4 batteries

SolarSamSurfer

Here to learn.
I have a HA02 Battery equalizer to connect to my bank of 4x 12v 205aH FLD lead acid batteries, One of them is dead so i turned down my CC and CV by 2v and it seems to be keeping the dead battery at 11 and the other ones are arriving to the correct voltages, nothing is over charging. Will it break my HA02 equalizer if i only have it connected to balance the 3 good batteries while having the bank connected to 4 batteries?

No idea. When do you plan to replace the failed battery. This is a shit show waiting to happen.
At the moment i am getting quotes for a new battery bank and quotes for connecting to the grid so at the moment i dont know how much longer i will be using the system like this

At the moment i am getting quotes for a new battery bank and quotes for connecting to the grid so at the moment i dont know how much longer i will be using the system like this
I hope sunshine is wrong about the :poop: show but continuing to use that bad battery may turn into a real mess.

A new battery bank sounds like a great idea. Expensive but great.

Connecting to the grid, considering your location, seems like a bad idea to me.
A much less expensive option to grid connection is having the ability to charge from the grid as well as from solar.

Back