diy solar

diy solar

Can I connect a single outlet in my house to solar?

This is actually one thing I'm considering. Right now, I'm trying to understand which wires to put where. For example, do I put the solar generator in the garage and run a connection from the inverter through the wall of my garage into the house. Or do I instead keep the generator in the house and run the wires from the solar panels through the wall and into the house.
Depending on the size of the inverter plug you need, you could use this, it's supposedly even UL approved, to go through the garage to the house.

I'm not sure on the solar panels wiring through the wall, from what I can tell you have to put in all the regular solar panel crap, rapid disconnects, switch it from solar panel cable to a junction box, etc..

Nice looking kit cs1234. That should make it easier for those that are looking for all the pieces parts.

I assumed "using same outlet" meant wiring the outlet to the inverter instead of the mains.. which is what I did for a lot of my outlets since they didn't have a grounding wire to begin with.. not that there would be two sources of power to same outlet.

I assumed "using same outlet" meant wiring the outlet to the inverter instead of the mains.. which is what I did for a lot of my outlets since they didn't have a grounding wire to begin with.. not that there would be two sources of power to same outlet.
You also assumed I wrote, "can not". RIF.

Nice looking kit cs1234. That should make it easier for those that are looking for all the pieces parts.
I can only take so much credit for it.. :LOL:

I have been eyeing it for a while, was thinking of putting them in on a few sides of my house for running generators if need be.

Back