Can I connect the battery terminals from 2 of my MPPT SCC in series to charge a 48V battery array?

RendyIrawan

I have a 24V battery array connected to 2 MPPT SCCs in parallel. The battery array is used to to power a 24V off grid Inverter, but I'm planning to switch to using a Grid Tie Inverter with a limiter. The problem is, the GTI runs on 48V. Reconfiguring the battery array to output 48V won't be a problem for me. The problem is that my MPPT SCC only outputs 24V on the battery terminals. if possible, I don't want to have to buy a new 48V MPPT SCC and discard the 24V MPPT SCC. Is it possible to just connect the 2 battery terminals of the MPPT SCC in series and use that to charge the 48V array. I found this schematic online, and I was wondering whether it's safe to connect the SCCs to the batteries according to this schematic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you for your time fellas! IMG_2604.jpeg

Rednecktek

Solar Addict
In general, no. Please don't connect the SCC's up in series, the electronics don't handle it well and there may be greasy orange smoke.

What make/model SCC do you have? Every MPPT controller I've seen auto-detects the battery voltage when you connect up. It would be a pretty weird model that can't do a 48v battery bank. Even my cheap PowMr MPPT controllers will do 48v.