diy solar

diy solar

Can I do this two?

TeeClip

I am making a part time camper van/business hauling van so I am thinking a blueddi 200max is a good option as I can take it out when not camping. I need to charge while driving. Can I buy a victron 12 to 24 volt dc to dc and plug into a solar input port to get more watts into unit? O

I am making a part time camper van/business hauling van so I am thinking a blueddi 200max is a good option as I can take it out when not camping. I need to charge while driving. Can I buy a victron 12 to 24 volt dc to dc and plug into a solar input port to get more watts into unit? O
Not sure what you mean, but the ac200 units can be charged from pv and ac ports simultaneously.

The problem is that at 12v you are not getting a ton of power into the unit, so it will take a while.

I have a ac200p, pv maxes out at 12A, so roughly 140watts. Not sure what the number is for the Max.

If you want 12v charging through AC port your options are 1) external inverter (make sure it and all the cables and fuses can sustain 500ish watts. If using alternator, do the research to make sure you don't fry it.

Or you can use the new magic gizmo on their website, which allegedly can do dc-dc comversion. Not sure what it can do, I have one on order and will report back once I get it.

I am thinking the same concept but using a 12 to 24 volt dc to dc victron. It can make 30 volts at 15 amps which would be 450 watts in. I think. Assuming alternator and vehicle battery can provide that. Even running at 24 volts in would be ample. I don’t see why this input would not be seen by the unit as just another set of solar panels being connected. But I could be easily overlooking the science of this.

It can make 30 volts at 15 amps which would be 450 watts in. I think.
Dc dc converter helps for sure. In the ac200p you are limited to 12a. so more like 300w. Again, Not sure about the ac200max

Back