diy solar

diy solar

Can i use a DC to DC charger with my 24v lithium and LV 2424 all in one system?

C Subleski

Can i use a DC to DC charger with my 24v lithium battery and LV2424 MPP all in one system? I need more DC input to charge my battery and I don't have room to add more solar panels. Thanks

Just be careful not to exceed the battery's max charge rate, and stay below the bms' shutoff amperage setting. Set the output voltage per the battery's manufacturer recommendations (i.e. use the proper "charging profile").

Just be careful not to exceed the battery's max charge rate, and stay below the bms' shutoff amperage setting. Set the output voltage per the battery's manufacturer recommendations (i.e. use the proper "charging profile").

Thank you Mr Fred. Would I connect the wires directly to the battery? Seems logical but better I ask.

That's likely ok, if the settings are correct, but you probably want to check with MPPSolar support on what you're doing.
So I guess you have no grid power or generator available?

I'm not sure if you're playing with me or not but in the interest of human kindness I'll explain to you and others.

The vehicles alternator generates the energy and sends it to this B to B charger which in turn stores it in my 24v house battery.....all WHILE I'm driving to my location.

When I get there I open a can of cold beer out of my refrigerator and relax knowing that my house battery is completely charged and the next mornings coffee will be made with hot water from my coffee maker.

I see, for a mobile use. Good solution also because the inserted converter (charger) prevents overtaxing your alternator.

so you are travelling with the house battery in your car, then you connect the car to the home ?
where is the refrigerator ? in the car ?
because when arriving at home, the beer will be warm, since the battery was with you in the car, it can not power the refrigerator at the same time (unless solar was able to do it). But then i do not see the point to have a Lv2424 all-in-one since it is supposed to work only with a battery connected. and then you loose all the home solar power since you were not able to store it into batteries.
I think you have to review your workflow

you need 2 sets of batteries on in the car, another one at home.

Back