diy solar

diy solar

Can I use an on grid hybrid growatt solar inverter off grid. With a gas generator in lieu of on grid. 6000ts-x

ricktreat

Can I use an on grid growatt hybrid solar inverter off grid. With a gas generator in lieu of on grid. 6000ts-x growat.

Last edited:
Yes, as long as the generator can supply the proper voltage (120v or 220v depending on model) then the inverter doesn't care if it's a "Grid" or not, it just knows it has power.

The growatt hybrid solar inverter output is 220v and my champion gas generator puts out 110 at 30 amps. Is that what you were talking about rednecktek?
I highly appreciate your help.
Me, Rick from Fort Worth Texas.

Last edited:
In that case probably not. The AIO's from Growatt and MPP both seem to require the "grid" to be the same voltage as their output, so if you're putting 220v out you have to put 220v in.

If you can imagine what would happen when you've got your 110v plugged in and your batteries get low, the AIO would automatically switch the supply from battery to "grid" and all your 220v output would suddenly crash to 110v, which is a "Bad Thing".

The growatt hybrid solar inverter output is 220v and my champion gas generator puts out 110 at 30 amps. Is that what you were talking about rednecktek?
I highly appreciate your help.
Me, Rick from Fort Worth Texas.
Wow sorry for taking so long to reply and say thank you got that handled. I do have another question about the MPP LV 6048 can you power both 110 and 220 at the same time with this hybrid split phase inverter?

Wow sorry for taking so long to reply and say thank you got that handled. I do have another question about the MPP LV 6048 can you power both 110 and 220 at the same time with this hybrid split phase inverter?
Yes

Back