diy solar

diy solar

Can LVX-6048 be powered down and still pass-through from grid to panel?

vampwat

I have built a 48v 280ah lifepo4 battery from eve cells. I'm in a condo, so can't have solar panels at the moment. My goal is to create a setup where I can charge the batteries during off-peak power billing and then use them during peak. I have been looking at the LVX-6048 as it seems to tick all the boxes. However, the one thing that is a bit of a problem is the idle usage. If it uses around 125w at idle, that is going to cut into any savings that I was hoping would pay for the system over time. (Although I have seen a few comments that the LVX only consumes 25-50 watts when connected to grid?)

Can the inverter or the whole unit be turned off while still passing through grid power to my panel?

I would like to wire it up like a UPS and take advantage of the built in automatic transfer switch because obviously, I don't want to have to kick off the power or manually switch it on/off for the 5 hour peak billing window everyday.

I am seeing several integration options that people have created for Home Assistant, which I use extensively. So ideally, I would like to be able to just program it to kick on and use batteries and then kick off at the end of peak and then kick on the battery charger during the night when rates are the lowest. But then all other times, I would be ok if the unit was fully off. I realize that in the event of a power outage, I would have to turn everything on manually and wouldn't get a seamless transfer, but that would be an OK tradeoff considering how much energy would be saved by not burning all that energy for standby.

Obviously, I could go down the road of having a remote transfer switch to bypass the hybrid unit when not in use, but it seems a shame to not utilize the built in transfer switch in the LVX. Also, I would like to keep everything as simple as possible.

Is there some better equipment for this? Or can idle usage be kept to a reasonable amount with the right settings on the LVX?

Back