diy solar

diy solar

Can Point Zero Titan Batteries be use 'Stand Alone'?

AlwaysRt

Hi, a friend of mine needs a 5kw system (looking like he is going to opt for 2 x 3kw inverter/chargers) so just getting the Titan system won't work for him. However, he really likes the Titan battery for factor I guess.

Question, can the Titan Batteries, either single or stacked, be used with any system? Or are they proprietary and can only be used with the Titan Controller?

Thanks,
Steve

The Titan battery could be used in any system that charges correctly (up to 29.2V for long battery life), and is designed for 24V. Point Zero energy does not use Proprietary components unless necessary. These are for emergencies, and they want you to be able to use whatever may be available.

Also just FIY, the Titan Titan 2.0 might work for him. With that you could connect two together for 6,000 watts (it can connect up to 6).

The Titan battery could be used in any system that charges correctly (up to 29.2V for long battery life), and is designed for 24V. Point Zero energy does not use Proprietary components unless necessary. These are for emergencies, and they want you to be able to use whatever may be available.

Also just FIY, the Titan Titan 2.0 might work for him. With that you could connect two together for 6,000 watts (it can connect up to 6).
Thanks!

The Titan's lithium batteries are NMC chemistry so you would want to be careful paralleling them with LiFePo4 batteries because the voltage/SOC curves are slightly different. That said, you should be able to use them in a 24V setting by connecting leads to the two Anderson connectors on the top of the batteries. I believe each connecter is rated to about 50 amps.

Back