diy solar

diy solar

Can Solar & Wind Fix Everything (e.g., Climate Change) with a battery break-through?

Damage from Climate Change Could Cost $38 Trillion Per Year by 2050

More People Than Ever Accept Climate Change Is a Threat

Can natural hydrogen be considered renewable?

Natural Hydrogen​

A few articles about how difficult it will be to find and use economically. Paul Martin has said the only known well produces less overall energy than a typical wind turbine as it just doesn't produce that much. Hydrogen is found in other wells, but usually it's 5~20% hydrogen and 70% natural gas. So, there's a lot of caution about it out there. On the other hand companies are gearing up for exploration. I think the bottom line is we still don't know for sure.

I call bullshit on the $38,000,000,000,000 cost of a temperature rise.

A meteor hitting a major city every year and wiping out a few hundred million folks, yeah, but a little warming trend? If the oceans all of a sudden rose 20 feet, I can see some devestation that year, but the next year its all already under water, so no additional cost.

Ya'll need some God in your lives besides yourselves and your "government climate scientists". As W.C. Fields once said, "there's a sucker born every minute", and "Never give a sucker an even break".

A meteor hitting a major city every year and wiping out a few hundred million folks, yeah, but a little warming trend? If the oceans all of a sudden rose 20 feet, I can see some devestation that year, but the next year its all already under water, so no additional cost.

Ya'll need some God in your lives besides yourselves and your "government climate scientists". As W.C. Fields once said, "there's a sucker born every minute", and "Never give a sucker an even break".
In constant 2022 dollars, it took 182 years – from 1789 through 1970 – for the government to spend $30 trillion.

The current debt of 32 Trillion means every citizen owes around $240,000.

You want us to believe that every citizen will need to pay $240,000 EVERY year for climate change alone? Yeah right.

There is sort of root concept of economics here.

The assertion that fossil fuels are subsidized is silly.

That's essentially claiming that money is taken from wind, solar and hydro in order to make coal and oil cheaper.

Found an answer here.

Passive Cell Balancing​

Passive cell balancing is one of the common methods used in electric vehicle battery packs. It relies on the natural voltage differences among cells and uses passive components, such as resistors or diodes, to redirect excess charge from higher-voltage cells to lower-voltage cells. This process occurs during the charging phase, gradually equalizing the voltages across all cells.

How Passive Cell Balancing Works​

During charging, the voltage of each cell gradually increases. When a certain cell reaches its maximum voltage, the passive cell balancing circuitry shunts the excess charge to a lower-voltage cell, allowing the higher-voltage cell to maintain a safe voltage level. This process continues until all cells reach a similar voltage level.

Is this according to ChatGPT?

If I have a series string of cells, how exactly can a resistor transfer current from one cell to another, discharging the one to charge the other?
Active balancing, a DC/DC converter, could do that. e.g. input from one cell to a DC/DC converter, isolated output boosts to pack voltage.
I think a resistor & transistor is just use to bleed off power from a cell.

First comment to his LinkedIn post says as much. Author acknowledged that (10 months ago) but didn't correct his post.

The only way for this to transfer power would be parallel strings, e.g. 128s2p, could use resistors to transfer current to the twin on other string. But what we've seen instead is a number of cells paralleled.

Also from the link:

"Moreover, active cell balancing consumes additional power, reducing the overall energy efficiency of the electric vehicle."

Passive balancing consumes 100% of the power drawn off a high cell, dissipating it as heat.
Active balancing recovers some large percentage of that power, transferring it to other cells.

Sure, it has some power overhead. Active would only be implemented if there was savings over passive.

Notice the article "sinking land is an issue, especially as sea-levels rise".

Libtarded climate fanatics have been trying to characterize subsidence as sea-level rise for years. Do you know why? Because they are liars.

Coasts are always sinking.

You make the mistake, this climate garbage IS their god. And all shall be sacrificed to their god, and if you don't like it, they will force their views upon you in the name of the "greater good".

This is exactly what these climate people think.....EXACTLY.

1713541902282.png

Is this according to ChatGPT?
No, as it said in the linked reference, it was from a German government-backed research. Those sorts of things depend very powerfully on the assumptions. Even if you toss out 50%, that's still a big annual cost per year that could be avoided. It's also clear that those costs will grow over time and that they will at some point exceed the costs to fix the root problem.

What's silly is to assume climate change is "free" and causes no harm. The only $ increases I feel fairly confident in are those that we can accurately measure. For example, we have been tracking weather costs long before global warming was even a thing.

1980-2023-billion-dollar-disaster-time-series.png

I wasn't referring to "climate always changes" cost estimates.

I was referring to what you posted and linked about battery balancers. Maybe leftover from a different topic.

"Passive and Active Cell Balancing for Electric Vehicles​

Mohit Mistry

Mohit Mistry​

Passionate Entrepreneur - Engineer | Running an Electric Vehicle Startup, CEO at Reevia Motor"

That seems about right. If he doesn't understand battery balancers, he must be CEO not engineer.

No, as it said in the linked reference, it was from a German government-backed research. Those sorts of things depend very powerfully on the assumptions. Even if you toss out 50%, that's still a big annual cost per year that could be avoided. It's also clear that those costs will grow over time and that they will at some point exceed the costs to fix the root problem.

What's silly is to assume climate change is "free" and causes no harm. The only $ increases I feel fairly confident in are those that we can accurately measure. For example, we have been tracking weather costs long before global warming was even a thing.

1980-2023-billion-dollar-disaster-time-series.png
Again, the costs are only there if the government is involved using money stolen from its people. Let the private sector handle it. Your house gets blown away in a tornado? Insurance pays. If you rebuild in same spot, and insurance will not cover, then its on you.
Zero cost to taxpayers. Same with beach front mansions, or folks living below sea level. Find a safer place or bear the risk yourself.

I am sick and tired of taxpayers being on the hook for crooks and assholes. No more bailouts or taxpayer funded give aways. That goes triple for Californication, auto industry, banks, and sanctuary cities like NY and Denver.

And ban ALL subsidies while where at it. If it can't survive on its own, then let it die.

If climate change raises sea levels, then either move to higher ground, or drown.
Enough of this grap.

Back