diy solar

diy solar

Can the temperature sensor of JBD BMS be disabled?

Hi.
I'm working in Japan to install lifepo4 on a camper.

This time I installed 15kwh on a kitchen car with a 16S 48V system.
I used JBD's SP20S005.
It has 3 NTC sensors.

Of these three, one (A) has a sensor cable.
I connected it to the battery terminal.
I don't know the locate of the other two (B / C) sensors, but it's probably on the board.

It's very cold now, so I installed a heat pad on the side of the battery to build a self-heat for the battery.
BMS does not have a heat pad.
However, the sensor (A) connected to the battery terminal warms up, but the other two (B / C) do not warm up, and when those two are below the set temperature, charging stops due to "low temperature protection".

Is there a way to enable only sensor A and disable the other two (B / C)?

I tried to remove two "NTC" check marks (B / C) at the bottom of the setting screen of Xianxiang BMS App, but the behavior does not change.
If the other two (B / C) fall below the set value, low temperature protection will be activated.

Is it necessary to warm BMS?
It is the battery that should be protected, and BMS has a wider operating temperature range than the battery, so it is a problem if the temperature sensor cannot be disabled.

If you know the countermeasures, please let me know.

I do not warm my 4s JBD BMS, just the batteries. As I recall, the BMS uses the sensor with the highest temperature to determine what to do. But mine has only two temperature sensors, one internal and the other external.

I am sure they can be relocated… but if they are registering below safe temps, the BATTERY is not warmed up enough to charge, and will suffer immediate damage. You do not want this.

A better solution is to position the heating pad to prevent the cells from reaching low temp… not tricking the BMS into charging them when they are below temp.

In the function setting menu you can enable or disable the ntcs. You just have to find out what number is related to what sensor, disable the one on the pcb, and place the external on or between the cells - If there is only one sensor enabled it will be used as the regulating source.

I do not warm my 4s JBD BMS, just the batteries. As I recall, the BMS uses the sensor with the highest temperature to determine what to do. But mine has only two temperature sensors, one internal and the other external.
Unrelated to OP, is that why the BMS reports 2 temp sensors? There is an internal temp sensor? I know the one with the lead and probe, but was confused to see there was always a second one listed in my other JBDs.

Unrelated to OP, is that why the BMS reports 2 temp sensors? There is an internal temp sensor? I know the one with the lead and probe, but was confused to see there was always a second one listed in my other JBDs.

Yes, there are two sensors, as you said. The BMS will use the value that is the most extreme, as near as I can tell.

Back