diy solar

diy solar

Can you add Remote Monitoring to a Titan Solar Gen?

Digital Interiors

We currently have a Titan Solar Generator for our 5th wheel. It’s is stored in the front storage typically used for a onboard diesel or propane generator. Since the Titan doesn’t have Bluetooth I can’t use my phone to monitor our power usage, battery percentage or solar generation. We currently have to go outside and check the Titans display screen for status. Is there a way to add a status screen inside the trailer or on our phone?

1. Can you post a picture of your Titan display screen? My recollection is that it uses the TF03K display.
  2. How far is it from the Titan to where you'd want to mount a monitor's display screen?
  3. How willing are you to open up the Titan to access the shunt that's monitoring usage?

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

1. It is a TF03k. Do you still want a picture?
2. If there’s a limitation it could be as close as 8’. Ideally it would be centrally located so It would be about 20-25’.
3. Willing.

A few things to note:
  • Please keep in mind I don't have a Titan so I'm flying blind when it comes to opening it up and locating the shunt.
  • Pretty sure opening up the Titan and doing what I'm going to suggest will void your warranty.
  • I'm making an assumption that it's using a 500A shunt and monitor package. (You may be able to confirm this either on the shunt or the display that's in the Titan.)
So here's the outline of what I'm thinking:
  1. Buy this 500A TF03K battery monitor package that includes a 16 foot cable off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/AiLi-Programmable-10V-120V-Compatible-Batteries/dp/B081SXH9TK/

Edit: for $20 more the Renogy branded version includes a 20 foot cable: https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-500A-Battery-Monitor-Programmable/dp/B07RP5B5P7/

2. Open up the Titan and disconnect the existing monitor cable from the shunt (connector shown in green box below. photo from Amazon)1621512166506.png

3. Connect the new monitor cable to the shunt.

4. Program the new monitor with the same Ah settings etc. as the one in the Titan. (I suggest doing the install when the Titan is fully charged so that setting the capacity is easy).

5. Once you prove that works, install the new monitor display where it makes sense inside the trailer.

Last edited:
This makes total sense. I ordered the part will give
It a try this weekend. If I void the warranty I could potentially replace the shunt with a Victron and use their app. Is that correct?

We currently have a Titan Solar Generator for our 5th wheel. It’s is stored in the front storage typically used for a onboard diesel or propane generator. Since the Titan doesn’t have Bluetooth I can’t use my phone to monitor our power usage, battery percentage or solar generation. We currently have to go outside and check the Titans display screen for status. Is there a way to add a status screen inside the trailer or on our phone?
I have the same issue with my Titan, which is installed in a compartment under the bed in my camper. I've been thinking about how to monitor the battery voltage with Bluetooth without having to void the warranty. I came across this $29 battery monitor on Amazon:

I have not used it yet, but I am planning to order this in the next few days and then put a 50a Anderson connector on it so I can plug it into the external battery port of my Titan. Even though it won't give me the actual battery capacity, it will give me a general idea of the Titan's battery voltage from outside the camper. I've gotten so that I can tell the rough level of the battery from just monitoring the Titan's battery voltage.

Anyone have updates on this topic > Remote Monitoring to a Titan Solar Gen

Anyone have updates on this topic > Remote Monitoring to a Titan Solar Gen
8 MONTH USAGE UPDATE - as noted in my previous post I purchased a Bluetooth battery voltage monitor (see link in previous post) that I use to monitor the Titan's battery voltage by connecting it to the Titan's external battery port with a 50A Anderson connector. Although this is not the intended use case for this monitor, I have found it useful in giving me historical voltage readings on the Titan installed under the bed in my camper from outside of the camper. It does not give me the capacity per se, but I have been able to roughly calculate the State of Charge based on the no load voltage based on 8 months of usage. It uses an app on my iPhone for displaying the current and historical voltage. The attached chart showing the relationship between no load voltage and SOC is derived from a formula that I found in an article on the internet, although I can't recall the link to the article that discusses it.

NMC Voltage-SOC Chart.jpg

Just in case anyone was looking into solving this original question, yes it can be done and is fairly simple.

Inside of a titan:
PXL_20220824_162402259~2.jpgAfter installing a victron BMV-712:
LMC_20220826_141326_8.4.300.jpg

I didn't have to remove anything so returning to stock could be done with minimal effort. Everything works great so far (still on the first power cycle).

Just in case anyone was looking into solving this original question, yes it can be done and is fairly simple.

Inside of a titan:
View attachment 108755After installing a victron BMV-712:
View attachment 108756

I didn't have to remove anything so returning to stock could be done with minimal effort. Everything works great so far (still on the first power cycle).
Could you provide any updates on this? And how exactly to install? Thanks!

Back