diy solar

diy solar

Can you connect Bluetti AC200Max to Ecoflow Delta Pro

JCDerrick

I think I know the answer to this question, but thought I'd confirm since you all have a lot of experience with this subject.

I currently own an Ecoflow Delta Pro + Smart Battery, and I also have a Bluetti AC200Max. We're currently boondocking and I'd like to hook them together to essentially expand my capacity on my Delta Pro. I think the simplest solution would be to use the 30amp DC output on the Bluetti (using the aviator connection to XT60) and then plug the XT60 into the 15amp solar connection on the back of the Ecoflow Delta Pro (the same port as the 'car charger').

I assume that even though the max solar input is 15amps on the Delta Pro, it'll only pull that amount from the 30amp DC port on the Bluetti; is that correct? Or will that waste the additional amperage?

I also assume you could do this in reverse by using the Anderson 30amp plug on the Delta Pro and input it via the solar plug on the Bluetti? I am trying to set things up so I can use both and then hook my solar bank into the 'front' unit, in this case, the Bluetti.

So, in essence, my 800W of BougeRV solar panels would be hooked up to the Bluetti, and then the Bluetti would use the aviation to XT60 plug to input 15A 12V+ into the Delta Pro. Am I wrong, or will that work, thus allowing me to utilize the Bluetti almost like an extra battery for the Delta Pro?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide on this.

I assume that even though the max solar input is 15amps on the Delta Pro, it'll only pull that amount from the 30amp DC port on the Bluetti; is that correct?
That should be the case. I won't promise it 100%. But current draw should be whatever the receiving device is trying to get. jehugarcia on YouTube has built several versions of what you're asking by using DIY packs, although at much higher voltage than the 12V output Bluetti has available. Higher voltage mostly allows for thinner wires.

You may need to use an XT60 connector with the extra center pin for it to draw a full 15A if it's like the Delta 2; the Delta 2 limits itself to 8 otherwise to not pop the 10A fuses in many vehicles. If that's the case, you can either use Ecoflow's solar cable, or make your own with the proper connector and the center pin connected to the correct wire (search to find which one it is).

The minimum solar input on the Delta Pro is 11V; I'm not sure if charging from 12 will just be slow, or whether it'll also waste a bunch of power. I assume that it'll be going through a buck converter in the AC200 to step it down to 12V, then through a boost converter in the Delta Pro to step it back up to 50 something or whatever is needed to charge the cells in there.

Last edited:
Just talking out loud here - but couldn't you just plug your AC charger for the Delta Pro into one of the outlets on the Bluetti and charge it that way?

Back