diy solar

diy solar

Can you get a 48 volt battery from 24 cells?

Jamie.sanders

I cant seem to find a diagram, so I'm thinking it may not be possible, but I am considering going to 48 volts, and I have 24 cells that are 3.2 volts each.
can you configure 24 cells to get 48 volts?

I cant seem to find a diagram, so I'm thinking it may not be possible, but I am considering going to 48 volts, and I have 24 cells that are 3.2 volts each.
can you configure 24 cells to get 48 volts?
The number of cells in a "48 volt" lfp battery will be a mutiple of 16.

I see no other way than buying 8 more like cells and putting them in a second pack.

Although I have done this with a small lithium battery, Don’t like this idea. I did buy two different batches of Topband 25 ah cells and mixed three cells tested at 24.6 ah with blue shrinks wrap with five cells tested at 26 ah with green shrink wrap. This is a small battery that does not get much use.

I see no other way than buying 8 more like cells and putting them in a second pack.

Although I have done this with a small lithium battery, Don’t like this idea. I did buy two different batches of Topband 25 ah cells and mixed three cells tested at 24.6 ah with blue shrinks wrap with five cells tested at 26 ah with green shrink wrap. This is a small battery that does not get much use.
OK, thanks, I guess I'll stick to 24 volts, thats too rich for my blood

You could be brave and make a 36 volt pack with 12 S.

I bet as much of a difference as it is in 48 volt parts are harder to find than 24 volt parts, I bet 36 volt parts are so much harder to find. I have seen a 36 volt AC to DC converter, but don’t ever recall seeing a 36 volt inverter.

Back