diy solar

diy solar

Can you guys check my system?

vincentng

I have a question concerning fuses. Do I use breaker or (disconnect switch and fuse) between the growatt and battery? And what kind of breaker or fuse for 24v system? The growatt and the panels are around 20 to 30 feet.

Use case: server, tv, and 3d printer most of the time. level 1 charger sometime

appreciate any help before I damage anything. Thanks (don't know what information is needed so I just put the spec)
21-12-13 15-04-39 6100.jpgsystem.pngCapture.PNG

as quoted . fuses protect wires. so yes a breaker is need. and there are dc breakers made by square d and others. some one will tell you about what size. mine takes a 80amp. for the battery box. yours might be different. also breakers for the panels.. a few buck will save you money down the road. edit rednecktek said 150 amp breaker so here ya go .

1639771347392.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 04-38-00 battery box breaker - Google Search.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 04-38-00 battery box breaker - Google Search.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 1639771249391.png
    1639771249391.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That is my mistake arounding 80% from the 125a instead of the breaker. Will change it to 150A.

If I add breakers for the panels, do I put each string in their own breaker and fuse? Or do i still combine them into one string and use one breaker and fuse for it?

That is my mistake arounding 80% from the 125a instead of the breaker. Will change it to 150A.

If I add breakers for the panels, do I put each string in their own breaker and fuse? Or do i still combine them into one string and use one breaker and fuse for it?

Your choice. 2P does not require any fusing or breakers. 3P requires fuse or breaker on each string.

Thanks, so even I upgrade to 48v one later, the fusing and breaker are not require, 5s2p. The solar panels are larger than i expected. Probably use other six soon

order this three. They look the same. wait for compare them in person
View attachment 76220
Do not order any of those. They are all the same crap.

Just spend the $42 for a Bussmann or $60 for a Blue Sea Systems circuit breaker. Why the heck would you want to cheap out on something that protects so much valuable kit? Baffles me.

Thanks, so even I upgrade to 48v one later, the fusing and breaker are not require, 5s2p. The solar panels are larger than i expected. Probably use other six soon

Correct.

Do not order any of those. They are all the same crap.

Just spend the $42 for a Bussmann or $60 for a Blue Sea Systems circuit breaker. Why the heck would you want to cheap out on something that protects so much valuable kit? Baffles me.

+1000

I will get the blue sea one. Becuase I have no idea which brand should go for the circuit breaker, I shop by the look and review. This time, all look the same in the picture so that I just shop by the most review.

Now, I have a lot of times to shop around before the top balance (3.6v) finish. 24 hours only 0.2 amp drop. Probably take two weeks to finish both sets of four.

Any recommend brand for the wire? got this today. Signaturesolar wire are too much for me, 500ft spool red & black . My run should under 70ft.
The connector may also get from signaturesolar. Most of connector on amazon have a fail review.

1639895156098.png1639896365977.png1639896750713.png

Is anything actually wrong with these?
Reliable, reasonably cheap, sold in any decent hardware store. I have them all over the place.

SIEMENS-1000V-63A-2-Pole-High-Quality-Branded-DC-Circuit-Breakers-04.jpg

Back