diy solar

diy solar

Can you use LIFEPO4 batteries to power a Grid Tied Growatt?

tacomaguy20

So I was watching this video and Will is using a Growatt off grid inverter and using LIFEPO4's for battery backup.
So I was wondering if the on grid inverters would work the same way. I understand that the grid tied inverters are meant to be used with the battery banks that Growatt sells for UL 9540 certification purposes but I wonder if it is possible (even if it's not approved by the power company)? Anybody know?

Last edited:
Not the Growatt 11.4kW Grid-Tie Inverter | MIN11400TL-XH-US you were looking at it another thread. That thing uses 400vdc batteries. Most inverters use 12, 24 or 48vdc batteries. I suppose if you could find another brand of 400v battery it might work with that particular Growatt.

Thanks for the quick reply. It looks more and more like I just need a hybrid system to do what I want. I just don't want to pay 8000 or so for the Sol-Ark.

Thanks for the quick reply. It looks more and more like I just need a hybrid system to do what I want. I just don't want to pay 8000 or so for the Sol-Ark.
There are a few others that also don't want to pay $8000 for the Sol-Ark.

I don't want that one, that's not the top of the 48v lineup. I'm cheap, but I'm greedy.
I think it's much better if you set your requirements specifically and go from there. You will otherwise just move the bar higher and higher and end up paying more than you need. After a while there will be a "better" product with more features and you just wasted your money for features you don't need and will again feel that you need to make an upgrade.

Back