diy solar

diy solar

Can You Wire Circuit Breakers in Reverse?

I've been researching how to AC Couple my Sunny Boy inverters to my Sunny Island inverters in an Off Grid configuration. I've read in the SMA manual that they are supposted to connect to the protected loads panel where the Sunny Islands are also connected. However, it instructs you to connect each SB to it's own circuit breaker. My SI's are not connected to circuit breakers, however, the outlets are. I understand that layout, but how do I put a circuit breaker between the SB's and the loads panel, connect them to the output of the circuit breakers? Is that what is happening in this video where the guy is running 3 SB's through 3 circuit breakers? That looks like the only way to do it? Can you wire circuit breakers in reverse?
Yes, but what maybe you're missing is that the point of a breaker is to protect the downstream conductor. NOT equipment. Equipment, if needed, has it's own internal protection. Knowing that makes things easier to see. So determine which end is source (upstream) And protect downstream conductors accordingly.

In the case of backfeed I have see breakers on both ends because with bidirectional flow the wire is protected in either case. Af first is seemed redundant to me, but upstream can become downstream depending on dynamics.

Back