diy solar

diy solar

CanLife battery 24V280Ah

Brw777

Hey just wondering about this new battery from Canada. It’s made by Westrock Battery in Winnipeg. They’ve been around for years and I’ve used them for my off-grid summer cottage. I’m now looking at upgrading my 630 Ah lead acid bank to LiFePo. It is expensive though. Thinking that the 280 Ah battery would be big enough. Would love to see Will do a full review on this one! Bruce

Hey just wondering about this new battery from Canada. It’s made by Westrock Battery in Winnipeg. They’ve been around for years and I’ve used them for my off-grid summer cottage. I’m now looking at upgrading my 630 Ah lead acid bank to LiFePo. It is expensive though. Thinking that the 280 Ah battery would be big enough. Would love to see Will do a full review on this one! Bruce
What battery are you referring to?

LINKS PEOPLE LINKS, most everyone will not search for things.

630AH Gross with lead = 315AH Net useable provided you never go below 50% DOD.
280AH LFP with safety margin 10% = 252AH if using battery between 2.900V-3.450V which is the power-curve for LFP.

This one..."CanLiFe 24V280Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery With LCD Display & Bluetooth - Westrock Battery Ltd." https://www.westrock.ca/product/can...phosphate-battery-with-lcd-display-bluetooth/
I’ve been looking at those batteries too. I’m from Winnipeg and have worked with Westrock for years...good service. The batteries are very expensive but on par with the other pre-builts. I’m trying to figure out if I’m gonna build my battery or buy these ones. They also have a great alternative to the Growatt all in ones...in both 24 and 48 volts...more expensive but better options.

Attachments

• 4EB31366-19B6-4FDE-B691-BEBD79B6A5FC.jpeg
    4EB31366-19B6-4FDE-B691-BEBD79B6A5FC.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 7812D306-BB2E-40A4-B48A-31516AA520B7.jpeg
    7812D306-BB2E-40A4-B48A-31516AA520B7.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 12
Ya I've been really happy dealing with Ron and Jason. No BS. I'm in the same boat too but am a little intimidated to build a 280Ah battery for my cottage. However i am thinking of building a few of Will's milk crate power packs and see how that goes.

Ya I've been really happy dealing with Ron and Jason. No BS. I'm in the same boat too but am a little intimidated to build a 280Ah battery for my cottage. However i am thinking of building a few of Will's milk crate power packs and see how that goes.
Yup...sounds familiar. There’s a part of me that thinks that a year from now the prices might come down or supply increases. So...a little apprehensive to take the plunge. Also nervous about working with overseas vendors and making bad decisions. I appreciate your feedback and will keep you posted should I learn more. Thanks

Westrock Is Offering A Great Deal On CanLife Inverter/Chargers & Hybrid Inverter/Charger/Solar Controller - 20% Off With Free Canada Wide Shipping - Enter Coupon Code - SPRING - Offer Expires In Early May 2021:

20% Of CanLiFe Inverters With Coupon Code SPRING

Discount Also Applies To SRNE Charge Controllers:

20% Off SRNE Controllers With Coupon Code SPRING

Also Offering A Great Combo Deal On CanLife 280 Amp Hour Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries With CanLiFe Hybrid Inverter Purchase (24 Volt Model Only). Buy a 24 Volt 280 AH CanLiFe Battery With 12 Year Warranty @ $4399 And Receive 50% Off A CanLiFe 24 Volt Pure Sine Wave 4 KW Hybrid Inverter With 60 Amp MPPT Charge Controller And 70 Amp Smart Battery Charger - Regular Price $2199 - Take 50% Off = $1099. Buy The Battery Online And The Coupon For 50% Off The Hybrid Inverter Will Be Sent Or Call Their Office - Offer Expires Early May 2021:

Buy CanLife 24V280AH Get $1099 Discount On Hybrid Inverter

I’m interested is buying two of the 24 volt 280 ah batteries, plus an inverter and some solar panels....it’s just a lot of money. Building the batteries is way cheaper but I’m not sure about all the uncertainty of the products from China and ordering etc. West Rock has been good to me in the past and I’d like to give them my business...I’m just having a tough time sinking that much money into those batteries. Again, thanks for sharing.

I’ve been looking at those batteries too. I’m from Winnipeg and have worked with Westrock for years...good service. The batteries are very expensive but on par with the other pre-builts. I’m trying to figure out if I’m gonna build my battery or buy these ones. They also have a great alternative to the Growatt all in ones...in both 24 and 48 volts...more expensive but better options.
Looks very much like a re-labeled Sigineer unit.

Back