diy solar

diy solar

Can't decide between these configurations and bms

frthompson

I'm want to build a battery pack for my travel trailer with 8 280-310 ah cells. Can't decide whether to configure the cells as 2P4S wirh a single Delgreen/Daly 4S 250A BMS or as 4S2P with 2 JBD/Overkill 4S 120A BMS's. Cost is not that different and I've seen people argue both ways on these configurations. Also each of these BMS's has their own fans and critics on the forum. What would you do, or do you have a better suggestion?

I like the redundancy too. I’m just doing a 4s now, but hope to double at some point.
I purchased the slightly more expensive Luyuang cells and the basic <$20 Daly.
If there’s an issue with the cells or the Daly I can purchase a more expensive bms like the Overkill and still have an upgrade path.

I am preparing to order my 8 cells, and am also considering this question. I already have a 2kw 12v inverter and all the wiring/distro center built and in use. Although I may go to 24v very soon, I'm just not wanting to buy hundreds in new equipment right now, especially since my current system is up to my needs atm. I just need more storage capacity. I hope to be able to build 2x12v packs, and then if I decide to go 24v, just reconfigure. When I go 24, I will probably get one of those all-in-one charger/inverter boxes. I spend 10 weeks a year on a private, unstable power grid, and could really use a whole-shop ups, and a reduction in my fees:)

Back