diy solar

diy solar

Can't find out how to install these growatts and signature solar batteries

Visionguild

Hey everyone, So I bought two 48V 3000TL growatts and two signature solar 100ah lithium batteries and after spending all morning trying to find info on how to install these I am finally giving up and posting here. Will has a video where he has one of each of these and he shows it as a really simple install. With two of them and not enough knowledge on what to do, they've been sitting here for weeks. I wanted to charge my tesla as Will does and so thought split phase at 240 would be the right way, but then I can't use it for anything else right? Anything that needs 110 won't work I guess? So do I install them in parallel and just charge the tesla off of 110 the slow way. I'm trying to find someone local that can help but everyone tells me to contact Growatt, which I only get a message machine. (have left many messages). I'm just feeling defeated and that maybe I screwed up buying these. The Growatt manual is written entirely for pros that know everything about solar and electricity so it's useless to me. All the videos I find are either for just one, or they are over my head. Any help would be enourmously appreciated. Thanks. I also have 16 300W panels

A better way to phrase this might be, imagine you have two growatts, two batteries (pics only show one of each) IMG_8616.jpgIMG_8617.jpgIMG_8618.jpgand 16 300W panels, you want to charge your tesla and run regular household uses from this. How would you set it up?

Thank you! I'll give em a read. I have the manuals, but just don't understand them. Ha! Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Dzl
Thanks guys. I guess what I'm realizing is
Hey thanks, I have seen this guys videos. He was the first one I found. He has so much other stuff going on, transformers and cut off switches and all this stuff that I guess I thought wasn't needed if I bought these. It's part of what got me so uncertain about what I'm doing. I went from Will's, "super simple single setup" to this guys set up that is vastly more complicated. I don't know where I fall in between somewhere. I'm going to try to get someone from Growatt to help if I can. Maybe I can find someone local that can explain what I can do with what I have. Thanks for your reply though. I really appreciate it.

Watch nearly any of Will's videos on the all in one inverter setup. They all are about the same.

Thanks for the reply! I have pretty much watched every video Will's put out. I'll go back and try re-watching some. Maybe I'll see something that I missed. Cheers!

That is an all-in-one (inverter/charger/solar-controller), right?
To start with, you need it to work as a solar controller and inverter. Start with one unit.
You should have three connectors for that. One, Battery. Connect it to the battery, via a (properly sized, DC) circuit breaker (do it first).
Two, PV input. Connect that to the panels, via a (properly sized, DC) circuit breaker. That should let you recharge the battery.
Three, AC output. Connect that... watch that carefully, it's high voltage AC... to whatever you use to distribute the AC loads (fridge, etc.).

If your fridge turns on, and the battery says it's charging, you have a good starting point.
Then you can worry about AC charging, parallel operation, communications, etc.

Actually, parallel operation seems quite straightforward:

Screenshot_0110_201008.png

Forget about the grid/generator for the moment, you just connect the battery and loads to both of them.

Back