diy solar

diy solar

Can't find Xiaoxiang BMS for Mac OS Monterey - Trying Smart BMS Utility but fatal flaw

Samsonite801

Solar Wizard
I cannot find a Xiaoxiang BMS app for my Macbook with MacOS 12.5 Monterey, was hoping to find perhaps an older manual install or something. The Apple store says it finds the official app version but is not compatible with my MacOS release. I do have a Xiaoxiang app on my iPhone and it works great. So far still looking or waiting until something comes up for the Macbook.

In the meantime, I am attempting to use the Smart BMS Utility (found in the Apple Store), it looks like it could be a good app, except one fatal flaw in my eyes.

It doesn't show the MAC addresses anywhere though, and the names only want to display the default names again: 'xiaoxiang BMS' on all six of them (even after I already renamed them in the Xiaoxiang app on my iPhone). The names seem to stick on the iPhone Xiaoxiang app, but not in Smart BMS Utility.

Was hoping to be able to identify them by their MAC addresses (which they do show up in Xiaoxiang app on my iPhone, but not in Smart BMS Utility on my Macbook), as I wanted to compare the ones I have labeled correctly on the Xiaoxiang app from my iPhone, and rename in Smart BMS Utility accordingly.

I don't really feel like unplugging all the bluetooth adapters and plugging one at a time just yet. Hoping to see if anyone else has found a working Xiaoxiang app for Mac OS Monterey first.

At worse case, I can unplug all the bluetooth dongles and plug them in one at a time and name them in the Smart BMS Utility.

1659841272365.png

Last edited:
Nice, I figured out a cool easy way to identify the individual BMS's in Smart BMS Utility without having to go unplug all the bluetooth modules on the batteries.

I opened the Xiaoxiang app in iPhone, and left it on the main scan page, and each time I would connect bluetooth to a BMS in the Smart BMS Utility app, that respective BMS (which was correctly labeled) in Xiaoxiang app on the iPhone list, would disappear and show all the other ones but not the one I was connecting using the other app.

So I just went through and named them all as they were disappearing from that list, and now they're all correctly named in Smart BMS Utility.

This will work good enough. The Smart BMS Utility seems to work fine and provide all the info I'd want to check on at a glimpse while on the computer...

1659845556664.png

Perhaps someday if they come out with the Xiaoxiang app for the latest MacOS I will try it but all is good for now...

Last edited:
Back