diy solar

diy solar

Capability my battery/power station and my solar panels?

Ragtag52

How can I know if I can safely use my solar panels with my batteries/power stations.

I would appreciate general answers, but if you are willing and able to look at the specific equipment I have for your answer, here's what I have - thanks a million

1)Bluetti AC200 (2000W/700Wh) portable power station

2)Newpowa 200W Monocrystalline 200 Watts 12V Solar Panel High Efficiency Mono PV Module Power

3)BLUETTI Portable Power Station EB70, 716Wh Solar Generator LiFePO4 Battery Backup 700W Inverter with 2x100W Type-C PD, 4x110V Pure Sine Wave AC Outlets,

4)DOKIO 300W 18V Portable Solar Panel Kit (41x21inch) Folding Solar Charger with 2 USB Outputs for Phones Work for 12v Batteries/Power Station AGM LiFePo4 BLUETTI EB240

You look at the PV input limits of each device. They typically have a maximum voltage and current.

You look at the panels. If the Voc and Isc are below the limits specified by the unit, they should work. The Voc should have a 10-20% margin to allow for cold temperature voltage spikes, e.g., if the unit specifies a 100V maximum PV voltage, the sum of Voc in the panels connected in series shouldn't exceed 80V.

Thank you so very much. I will begin trying to learn meanings of what you have shared with me as I am a very, very basic beginner at this. I will refer to Will's book in hopes of figuring it all out. So happy to start learning.

You look at the PV input limits of each device. They typically have a maximum voltage and current.

You look at the panels. If the Voc and Isc are below the limits specified by the unit, they should work. The Voc should have a 10-20% margin to allow for cold temperature voltage spikes, e.g., if the unit specifies a 100V maximum PV voltage, the sum of Voc in the panels connected in series shouldn't exceed 80V.
Thank you kindly. As an absolute beginners, I will start familiarizing myself with this type of information. Thank you for providing my studies with proper guidance.

Back