diy solar

diy solar

Capacity test results...is close enough good enough?

Solarfun4jim

Solar seduced :-)
Ran my first ever capacity test on my xuba 8S 280Ah pack at 0.02C discharge rate and after over 46 hours i achieved 275.4Ah (98.4%)
I had a stubborn high cell and a run away low cell within the 8 cells. All cells were very well behaved up to approx 93% discharged capacity with the maximum cell difference staying below 10mv. After that, one cell dropped much quicker than the rest, ending up over 300mv adrift from the highest cell value. After the load was cut the lowest cell has bounced back to 2.605 within a half hour.
So what do you reckon folks....good enough for the price these are at?

I intend to do another capacity test later on, rearranging the cell order, just to make sure there are no discrepencies in wiring/contacts etc and if that cell remains low, then that confirms it is the cell and nothing else.

Last edited:
A cheap capacity tester may not be accurate within the percentages involved. If you verify current through a clamp tester or a reliable shunt and correlate it to the tester's reported output, then you can have some additional confidence.

280Ah is the minimum. They are supposed to be that or higher.

Realistically, I'd be happy with 95% of claimed.

I've ordered 9 from Amy, so we'll see what I get. I have a LOT of battery testing ability and will post the results of all 9 cells.

9 were ordered in the event that 1 is bad. Can't wait for a replacement.

Back