diy solar

diy solar

Carport truss?

Any updates on this project. I want to do something similar and am curious to see how your project is going?

Any updates on this project. I want to do something similar and am curious to see how your project is going?
It's up and pumping water! 7.5 GPM from ~50' static water level takes ~200 watts.

I went back and forth (and back and forth...lol) on ways to mount the panels but just ended up piecing a ground mount together with unistrut and iron ridge rails that I had laying around. I still want to build a permanent structure.

That's 2 x 370 watt panels mounted to Iron Ridge XR100 rails with Camo clamps and UFO's. The IR rails are mounted to 2 x 10' pieces of Unistrut and back legs are also XR100 rails.

1664800113529.jpeg

Last edited:
It's up and pumping water! 7.5 GPM from ~50' static water level takes ~200 watts.

I went back and forth (and back and forth...lol) on ways to mount the panels but just ended up piecing a ground mount together with unistrut and iron ridge rails that I had laying around. I still want to build a permanent structure.

That's 2 x 370 watt panels mounted to Iron Ridge XR100 rails with Camo clamps and UFO's. The IR rails are mounted to 2 x 10' pieces of Unistrut and back legs are also XR100 rails.

View attachment 114737
Cool thread, unless that's a poman's hot tub. ? What kind of pump are you using?

Cool thread, unless that's a poman's hot tub. ? What kind of pump are you using?
Ironically that tank started off life as our homemade hot tub. True story. :) You can see it's replacement up the hill on the patio.

It's a helical rotor I picked up off of Alibaba. If it has a name brand I can't remember. It's a helical rotor pump which many of the Grundfos SQF's use. Mine takes a pretty wide range of DC voltage but not AC so it doesn't share that with the SQ Flex.

Last edited:
2- Have you ever heard of duckbill anchors? I just did about 6 months ago. Wow... they are amazing. We've quit pouring concrete for ground mounts thanks to them. Life has gotten so much easier on the install side.
Ozsolar. I love the concept of the Duckbill anchors. I want to incorporate this into my small ground mount design. How do you estimate up force in pounds? I guess it depends on soil type

Ozsolar. I love the concept of the Duckbill anchors. I want to incorporate this into my small ground mount design. How do you estimate up force in pounds? I guess it depends on soil type
Look around and you'll find some like like the below. Undisturbed soil best, uncompacted fill the worst.

Frost depth + 12" is the general recommendation I recall correctly.

Back