diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

supplier said:
"I have sorted out the pictures and emails you sent to me. For those returned to UPS, I will ask the forwarder to deal with them as soon as possible. Please understand the inconvenience caused to you"

To which I responded forcefully!
Gawd this is a nightmare.

Hi Michael,
Please add me to the list. I sent you 4 emails. 3 emails with pictures and 1 with shipping info.
Thanks

Yes, I sent you a message in here suggesting that you refuse delivery. Did you get that?
@Michael B Caro-

When my UPS delivery arrives tomorrow (Friday 9/10), I will not be here and I instructed my wife to refuse delivery/return to sender. Is that sufficient? This approach doesn't include capturing pictures, it just goes off the assumption that none of the other deliveries have been as described.

I am not reporting a damaged item. My items never arrived and they are lost.

Michael sent me an invoice and I have filed a claim. Lets see what happens.

Did they tell you you can file a claim OR did they say report package damage.

Things may have changed - we use mostly FEDEX - but as of last month ONLY the sender could file a claim since the SENDER - not you, will be getting the refund and then THEY send the refund to you.

YES both Michael and You can submit online pictures and info, and usually a UPS representative will want to look at the packages that you say are damaged, so to avoid them having to do that they usually ask for photo documentation along with your or Michaels claim.

But - and again I may be wrong -- but the contract is between UPS and the SENDER n and not UPS and You.... The sender has to supply UPS with all the documentation that proves the actual battery cost or repair or replacement cost of the batteries. All of this can be done on line but with so many shipments he will have to treat each of you as a individual claim and not a "class" .. thus probably why he is asking for damage pictures from each of you.

From all the pics I have seen I am going to say that very little of this damage was caused by UPS and looks like just Grade B- batteries was passed off by the distributor. And I am very sorry for you for that. I really am. I know for most it was allot of money and I do hope that whoever Michael bought the batteries from can/will make it right. Just all depends on who his distributor was.

SO if the battery is damaged - dented - UPS will want to see pictures of the box that shows the box was damaged which led to the battery being damaged and NOT a damaged battery being originally shipped ....

My package did not arrive today as estimated. I also don't really understand the tracking info.

Screenshot_20210910-183538_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210910-183549_Chrome.jpg

My package did not arrive today as estimated. I also don't really understand the tracking info.
I looked up your tracking number and shipping progress with UPS. Your package was last scanned in La Mirada, CA (this is the UPS hub for the shipper in Chino, CA) on Sept 3rd. Washington is normally two or three shipping days away.

I might be lost or misrouted, but all the delivery companies have been experiencing a lot of delays due to covid. Perhaps that's the case for your package.

I have received some emails from guys that ordered CATL cells from EV packs and not the cells that were supposed to be new grade A cells.
The CATL cells from EV packs are from a totally different supplier. One that has shipped a ton of cells for me, with very very few problems of any kind. When there is a shipping damage problem, he takes care of it without much of a problem at all.

If you ordered CATL cells (or Eve cells) from EV packs, they should be fine and you should accept delivery.

I have received some emails from guys that ordered CATL cells from EV packs and not the cells that were supposed to be new grade A cells.
The CATL cells from EV packs are from a totally different supplier. One that has shipped a ton of cells for me, with very very few problems of any kind. When there is a shipping damage problem, he takes care of it without much of a problem at all.

If you ordered CATL cells (or Eve cells) from EV packs, they should be fine and you should accept delivery.
@Michael B Caro
Please check our private message from May 21st when we arranged my purchase of the CATL 310ah and let me know if the cells I purchased are from the reliable seller you mentioned above? My plan is to reject my shipment (if/when) it arrives assuming it is part of the debacle shipments but reading this now really confuses me. Please re-check my order and let me know if they are from the "most certainly bad" lot or from the "good used EV from reliable seller" lot so I know whether or not I should inspect and potentially keep, or just reject the package.

We did not specifically discuss if my order was from EV packs or "new grade A", we only discussed the purhace of CATL 310ah.

@Michael B Caro
Please check our private message from May 21st when we arranged my purchase of the CATL 310ah and let me know if the cells I purchased are from the reliable seller you mentioned above? My plan is to reject my shipment (if/when) it arrives assuming it is part of the debacle shipments but reading this now really confuses me. Please re-check my order and let me know if they are from the "most certainly bad" lot or from the "good used EV from reliable seller" lot so I know whether or not I should inspect and potentially keep, or just reject the package.
No, they are not from the reliable seller. The reliable seller did not have any 310ah cells. Only 271ah, 280ah, and 302ah cells from EV packs.

The reliable seller uses FedEx the majority of the time.

I am getting some feedback from some guys that got cells in pretty decent shape from this crap supplier though. Not many, but some. The one I just read got one cell with a small dent, and a few with some swelling, but in good shape otherwise. Packaging was still not what it should be though.

With yours being from the crap supplier, it makes it harder to know what to tell you. Personally, at this point, I would hope to get a look and see if the boxes are beat to crap or not and then decide if I wanted to accept delivery.....if that was not an option, I would probably lean towards refusing delivery. Of course how badly I needed to get a system up and running might impact how much of a risk I was willing to take in terms of gambling with taking delivery.

Never actually accepting the cells probably makes it a little cleaner in terms of forcing them to do 100% refund or replacement instead of "compensation".....

I know that is not a black and white answer but, I think there are some nuances to be considered and there are a lot of different ways to look at it.

Whatever you decide, I am, and will continue to, push for the very best outcome for everyone.

I should have mentioned in my other post that the reliable seller primarily uses FedEx and this crap seller shipped most everything UPS.

So if your tracking number is from FedEx there is a very good chance that your cells will be from the reliable seller and be fine.

I should have mentioned in my other post that the reliable seller primarily uses FedEx and this crap seller shipped most everything UPS.

So if your tracking number is from FedEx there is a very good chance that your cells will be from the reliable seller and be fine.
I don't believe I ordered ev pack cells but I did receive via FEDEX. Which am I?
Wouldn't it be easier to reply directly to our emails?

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't believe I ordered ev pack cells but I did receive via FEDEX. Which am I?
Wouldn't be easier to reply directly to our emails?

Thanks
In most cases I am replying directly to emails but also putting information that may help others in here as well, in here.
I checked our conversation and you did not order cells from EV packs. There were a small number of orders that the crap supplier sent FedEx, and yours was one of them.

Last edited:
In most cases I am replying directly to emails but also putting information that may help others in here as well, in here.
I checked our conversation and you did not order cells from EV packs. There were a small number of orders that the crap supplier sent FedEx, and yours was one of them.
Michael, can you confirm you received my 4 emails with pics?

Thank you sir, this puts me at ease. If you could send me tracking info, I'd appreciate it.

As soon as these arrive in good shape, you can almost certainly expect another order from me.

Back