CATL 271Ah cell issues.

MCJEFE

Solar Enthusiast
Well this doesn't appear to be limited to CATL 271/310. I ordered 56 CATL 202ah cells got my tracking #'s around July 3rd and they are arriving 6 boxes yesterday, looks like another 3 will be coming today and I am still waiting for the last 5 boxes...
Same packing, same lack of labeling, there was reinforced corners barely hanging onto two boxes with strapping... only one of the first 6 boxes seems mostly unscathed.

Michael mentioned to me at one point that my cells were coming from a different shipper, but I'm not so sure.

acacia987

I haven't and didn't plan to as I didn't have a capacity tester originally... however have buckled and ordered one from Aliexpress which should be here in the next week or so will try doing some then although it is only one of the 180W ones so may take a while.. I have a Smart BMS on order as well so may try a capacity check of the whole built pack when that arrives... Whilst not ideal I am having to be be a bit pragmatic about the purchase for my particular circumstances.... orignally I was going to buy 270Ah cells which are going in a campervan... when I came to order and 310's were available I opted for those so my pack is oversized..... providing these cells provide at least 270ah then it would probably be of no benefit for me to try and return them/raise a dispute because the price of getting another set of cells (which may or may not be any better or have the same issues) will probably be higher now (these came duty free to the UK) and the length of time it would take to do the return, the risk of no refund and having to purchase another set means I will stick with what I have.... if they test out to less than 270 then that would be a game changer and I would have to reconsider my options. I have also opened the bus bars package and they are cheap pressed aluminum.... I am using them whilst charging/top balancing but never intended to use them in the pack as I was going to add packing between the cells and flexible bus bars due to the vehicle movement/vibration.. Will let you know once I have some figures...
whats you plan for flexible bus bars?

Horsefly

Solar Addict
I wonder if they asked for permission... @Off-Grid-Garage ??
Well, I think Andy posted an affiliate link to the Alibaba site, so posting his video is probably closing the loop. Kind of a quid pro quo. Besides, I think as long as you use the YouTube link you can put pretty much any published video on your site. At least that has always been my understanding.

upnorthandpersonal

Administrator
Kind of a quid pro quo.

The affiliate link generates business for the seller, and the commission comes from Alibaba, not the seller, so both parties win already.
I think as long as you use the YouTube link you can put pretty much any published video on your site.

Definitely not. You can embed a video, but you can't just take a snippet and use it as a commercial. Same reason why you could take a video from Will in it's entirety and embed it, but not just take a snippet that makes you look good and use that on your business site.

Now, I'm not trying to argue about this or anything, it's just something that I wanted to make sure he knows about and is ok with.

Horsefly

Solar Addict
The affiliate link generates business for the seller, and the commission comes from Alibaba, not the seller, so both parties win already.

Definitely not. You can embed a video, but you can't just take a snippet and use it as a commercial. Same reason why you could take a video from Will in it's entirety and embed it, but not just take a snippet that makes you look good and use that on your business site.

Now, I'm not trying to argue about this or anything, it's just something that I wanted to make sure he knows about and is ok with.
Oh ooops. I should pay attention before I respond. I missed the "snippet" part. I just thought it was Andy's video embedded in the store page. My bad.

Tiger666

Solar Enthusiast
I haven't and didn't plan to as I didn't have a capacity tester originally... however have buckled and ordered one from Aliexpress which should be here in the next week or so will try doing some then although it is only one of the 180W ones so may take a while.. I have a Smart BMS on order as well so may try a capacity check of the whole built pack when that arrives... Whilst not ideal I am having to be be a bit pragmatic about the purchase for my particular circumstances.... orignally I was going to buy 270Ah cells which are going in a campervan... when I came to order and 310's were available I opted for those so my pack is oversized..... providing these cells provide at least 270ah then it would probably be of no benefit for me to try and return them/raise a dispute because the price of getting another set of cells (which may or may not be any better or have the same issues) will probably be higher now (these came duty free to the UK) and the length of time it would take to do the return, the risk of no refund and having to purchase another set means I will stick with what I have.... if they test out to less than 270 then that would be a game changer and I would have to reconsider my options. I have also opened the bus bars package and they are cheap pressed aluminum.... I am using them whilst charging/top balancing but never intended to use them in the pack as I was going to add packing between the cells and flexible bus bars due to the vehicle movement/vibration.. Will let you know once I have some figures...
I too uprated my purchase to provide some more capacity and chose the 302AH. I am also disappointed by the 'battery bus bars' which are cheap and dangerous.

However, I have the 40A ZKETECH here and have now tested 50% of the cells. Capacity is all over the place ranging from 282 to 305. In contrast to some new 105AH cells, I purchased from Amy they were virtually identical at 108AH each.

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
There have now been shipments from 3 different suppliers show up beat to crap.

I have 25 boxes of cells that were delivered to me that have been beat up. My son will be sending me pictures of them in the next couple of days.

MCJEFE's cells came from my main supplier, who I have had very very little problem with in terms of shipping damage in the past.

Mightymach

Solar Enthusiast
I am working hard on getting this shit taken care of as best I can.

1. Where do things currently stand?
2. Did you send all of the photos you have had emailed to the supplier?
3. Can you begin to breakdown who's cells came from what supplier (supplier can be defined as A, B, and C for now).
4. Which suppliers have you contacted and what is their response.

Your response is greatly anticipated.