diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

...the supplier... is indicating that they do not know anything about them being recalled

That's very concerning, and makes little sense. They should just be able to call UPS and open a case to find out why the batteries aren't being delivered or who recalled them if they were recalled. They paid UPS, they are UPS's client, and since they paid shipping then they are responsible for dealing with UPS.

Delaying and pointing fingers is the name of the game they are playing, but you are in a position to say, "You shipped them, and you are responsible for getting them to the door in good condition. Here's the pictures and tracking info for those damaged and those not delivered. Now it's your job to talk to your shipping service (in this case UPS) and resolve the issue. In the meantime, you need to provide refunds for all damaged or not delivered batteries. Your discussion with UPS is your own, and there's nothing the receivers can do - UPS has a contract with you, not with the recipients, and so the recipients cannot engage with UPS. If you believe some or all of the fault lies with UPS then you need to enforce your contract - I cannot, and our customers cannot. You have all the information we can provide in this matter, and you need to refund or re-ship regardless of your dealings with your contracted shipper."

@Michael B Caro
someone needs to get in touch with King Speed and find out the situation they obviously are sitting on a bunch of cells. Did they RTS, did UPS???

Don’t you have a spreadsheet of these orders that were RTS and sent them to your supplier and have been saying WTF is happening with these returned cells for the last month. :mad:

Last edited:
I was unable to file a claim as none of the required options applied to shipments being recalled by the sender.

What problem are you trying to report? Required*
  • This package is lost.
  • This package is damaged.
  • Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) was not paid.

Select the item below that best describes the package issue Required*>
  • Package was left at the address and it cannot be located.
  • Delivery was to an incorrect address
  • Delivery was to a neighbor or alternate address and cannot be retrieved
  • The receiver is disputing the signature obtained at delivery and does not have the package
  • Customer attempted to collect from an Access Point or retail location and the package was not there
  • Signature was required at delivery and no signature is provided
The tracking you posted earlier indicated it was still on its way. Did it complete its journey? As in delivered. My returns show delivered back to kingspeed.

I believe his were missing somehow. But filing a complaint with UPS would, I think, either get an investigation or more information about just who recalled them. So far the supplier, who obviously doesn't appear to be trustworthy, is indicating that they do not know anything about them being recalled and that it must be the shipping forwarder doing that or else someone in the US after they reached port.....I do know that there was at least one container that had a fire and the boxes in that container are ending up going in strange directions and being re-boxed and all kinds of crap. That info did not come from only this problem supplier either.
Wondering if that fire was from poorly packaged cells ...

The tracking you posted earlier indicated it was still on its way. Did it complete its journey? As in delivered. My returns show delivered back to kingspeed.
The final tracking showed the return to sender was completed.

That's very concerning, and makes little sense. They should just be able to call UPS and open a case to find out why the batteries aren't being delivered or who recalled them if they were recalled. They paid UPS, they are UPS's client, and since they paid shipping then they are responsible for dealing with UPS.

Delaying and pointing fingers is the name of the game they are playing, but you are in a position to say, "You shipped them, and you are responsible for getting them to the door in good condition. Here's the pictures and tracking info for those damaged and those not delivered. Now it's your job to talk to your shipping service (in this case UPS) and resolve the issue. In the meantime, you need to provide refunds for all damaged or not delivered batteries. Your discussion with UPS is your own, and there's nothing the receivers can do - UPS has a contract with you, not with the recipients, and so the recipients cannot engage with UPS. If you believe some or all of the fault lies with UPS then you need to enforce your contract - I cannot, and our customers cannot. You have all the information we can provide in this matter, and you need to refund or re-ship regardless of your dealings with your contracted shipper."
Actually they should be able to talk to the shipping forwarder they use and find out exactly where they are and if they have been recalled by who.
If the supplier did not recall them, it was almost surely the shipping forwarder I would think.
But, dealing with these people is maddening sometimes. Another supplier sold me cells that they shipped to someone that changed their minds and didnt want them. I tried to get them to tell me exactly where they were (the guy is a Prof at CalPoly but also goes back and forth to AZ). They never were able to tell me which state they were in and the guy finally sold them to someone else and so they refunded me my money.

It's starting to sound like Kingspeed is a lot of the problem too. Half my shipment arrived here with a new label, the other half made it to town then the local FedEx guys saw it had a bad label and put it on a truck to return to California without dropping it off at the Exceptions counter first. If they had done as their procedure says, they would have been able to get it labeled and shipped to me. Instead it got sent back to Kingspeed who has 1) refused to answer any calls from FedEx and 2) refused to re-ship the rest of my order to me.

@Michael B Caro said he was going to call Kingspeed regarding my shipment, since the half I got was exactly what I ordered, but I haven't heard back from that.

Not much for you to claim from ups. They did their job. Maybe some could contact the freight forwarder and get some answers.
I have no idea who they use as a freight forwarder. It is their responsibility to deal with the freight forwarder and to make this all right.
I understand everyone's frustration but, contrary to what some are claiming, I told everyone that if there were problems I would " work with the supplier and do everything I could to get problems taken care of"...paraphrasing.

I am doing that. People that think I am Amazon and can just cut checks right and left for something that the supplier is responsible for are being unreasonable. The profit margins work on are so slim that most of it goes to the extra things that I do when there are problems and I am in a position to do something about them. With the scope of this debacle I am NOT in a position to do what some want me to.

This is so much of a headache that if I had the resources to take care of each and every one of you, I would just do that and then fight it out with the supplier. I don't have those resources and can not do that. The people that have managed to get full refunds for these CATL cells have take the money that was in the cell account for the Lishen cells that never shipped.

It's starting to sound like Kingspeed is a lot of the problem too. Half my shipment arrived here with a new label, the other half made it to town then the local FedEx guys saw it had a bad label and put it on a truck to return to California without dropping it off at the Exceptions counter first. If they had done as their procedure says, they would have been able to get it labeled and shipped to me. Instead it got sent back to Kingspeed who has 1) refused to answer any calls from FedEx and 2) refused to re-ship the rest of my order to me.

@Michael B Caro said he was going to call Kingspeed regarding my shipment, since the half I got was exactly what I ordered, but I haven't heard back from that.
I said I was going to call UPS. I do not recall saying I would call Kingspeed.......but I will if you want me to.

I did go ahead and call Kingspeed.
They said they are just a 3rd party and I would have to call the broker or seller.....so we are back to dealing with the supplier.

The people that have managed to get full refunds for these CATL cells have take the money that was in the cell account for the Lishen cells that never shipped.

Who's fault is that? Why didn't you anticipate people who were getting no response were going to process a claim?

Who's fault is that? Why didn't you anticipate people who were getting no response were going to process a claim?
I posted in here many times that there were no refunds coming from me, that this would have to wait for the supplier to take action.

Have there been times that I have not been able to respond as I would have liked to? Yes. But that does not mean that anyone should get a refund that they are not entitled to

I posted in here many times that there were no refunds coming from me, that this would have to wait for the supplier to take action.

Have there been times that I have not been able to respond as I would have liked to? Yes. But that does not mean that anyone should get a refund that they are not entitled to
Isn't there a dispute process from your end if you think a refund was not entitled?

You also told the Lishen buyers their money was "safe".

The same things that kept me from responding to messages as I would have liked also kept me from seeing the notifications that there was a dispute in process. I still have over 3,000 unopened emails.

PayPal gives the the entity that the money was sent to something like 14 days to respond to a dispute. If that entity is too busy to respond, that is on them, and PayPal will issue the refund. If the entity thinks the refund was fraudulently obtained, they can appeal with PayPal.

The same things that kept me from responding to messages as I would have liked also kept me from seeing the notifications that there was a dispute in process. I still have over 3,000 unopened emails.
Sorry for these pointed questions Michael .... but isn't it your responsibility to be staffed in such a way that you can handle the business / businesses you are involved in? You chose to set yourself up to act as the negotiator / buyer for these people and now, 2 months downstream from the start of the problem things are out of control.

You don't seem to understand why people are so upset and are probably going to get a LOT more upset before this is over.

I'll butt out now, but I think it is a real shame you are still insinuating that people who got screwed over on this deal are stealing money from others .... It is YOUR responsibility to manage the money people have given you.

Back