diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

As long as they are the CATL cells from the problem supplier, it does apply to your situation.

Your cells would be in the "never received" category......Which SHOULD be about the most clear cut, along with leaking cells, category there is.

I will only be sending one email from this new email address and responses should be limited to the questions in the email:

Number of cells ordered but not received. Including the tracking number for the box(s) not received and if they are supposedly still in transit or have been recalled by the shipper)
Number of cells received
Number of cells leaking
Number of cells with zero voltage (this is what they asked for but I would include cells with completely unacceptable voltages, even if above zero)
Number of cells badly damaged, misshapen
Number of cells with minor damage
Number of cells with no damage and usable.

Now that I am thinking more about it......it may be better for me to just call everyone on the list and get this info more quickly without having to worry about my email going to spam folder or otherwise being missed.

I think I will do that and then email those that I can not reach by phone for some reason.....
I wouldn't have picked up your call the other day, fortunately my wife answered for me. A lot of people don't answer unknown calls these days and you may end up going to voice mail more often than not. My 2c.

I wouldn't have picked up your call the other day, fortunately my wife answered for me. A lot of people don't answer unknown calls these days and you may end up going to voice mail more often than not. My 2c.
Probably so....I do the same thing. If I don't have them in my saved numbers they go to voice mail.

Just trying to find every way I can to get this taken care of

As long as they are the CATL cells from the problem supplier, it does apply to your situation.

Your cells would be in the "never received" category......Which SHOULD be about the most clear cut, along with leaking cells, category there is.

I will only be sending one email from this new email address and responses should be limited to the questions in the email:

Number of cells ordered but not received. Including the tracking number for the box(s) not received and if they are supposedly still in transit or have been recalled by the shipper)
Number of cells received
Number of cells leaking
Number of cells with zero voltage (this is what they asked for but I would include cells with completely unacceptable voltages, even if above zero)

Now that I am thinking more about it......it may be better for me to just call everyone on the list and get this info more quickly without having to worry about my email going to spam folder or otherwise being missed.

I think I will do that and then email those that I can not reach by phone for some reason.....
This is me, I did not receive anything, the 52 CATL 310AH cells recalled by shipper. or the 4 BMS's I ordered. Getting colder in Spokane, Wa

This is me, I did not receive anything, the 52 CATL 310AH cells recalled by shipper. or the 4 BMS's I ordered. Getting colder in Spokane, Wa
I know, and even if they decide to reship all 52 of them (inspected by Alibaba before being shipped), they won't get here in time to really solve your problem in the short term. I am racking my brain to find ways to take care of everyone even when they decide what they are going to do.

I know, and even if they decide to reship all 52 of them (inspected by Alibaba before being shipped), they won't get here in time to really solve your problem in the short term. I am racking my brain to find ways to take care of everyone even when they decide what they are going to do.
How can there possibly be any question, I ordered 52 CATL 310ah cells FOR $6,782.00 AND ORDERED 3 16s 150a BMS's FOR $355.26 AND 1 16s 100a BMS FOR $91.99 FROM YOU, I GAVE YOU A GRAND Total OF $7,229.25 AND HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING ZERO ZILCH
This build was supposed to be done before I was forced to go off grid, the mini split is installed and functional but I have no batteries, no BMS's and NONE OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY I have kids it's getting damned cold in the Northwest. I am disabled, I have been fighting SS for years, finally got a settlement and that money was for setting me up on my own little piece of land with my kids. Now the ex is talking about taking the kids back because of our limited power situation. DUDE not ok I don't like in any way airing my dirty laundry here, but the simple fact is not having what you were paid for and YOU PROMISED ME has caused a perfect storm of hell for me.
You said you had more batteries being delivered to you, well I am waiting, DO WHAT'S RIGHT ship them to me, OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK SO I CAN GET SOME OUT OF TEXAS

How can there possibly be any question, I ordered 52 CATL 310ah cells FOR $6,782.00 AND ORDERED 3 16s 150a BMS's FOR $355.26 AND 1 16s 100a BMS FOR $91.99 FROM YOU, I GAVE YOU A GRAND Total OF $7,229.25 AND HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING ZERO ZILCH
This build was supposed to be done before I was forced to go off grid, the mini split is installed and functional but I have no batteries, no BMS's and NONE OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY I have kids it's getting damned cold in the Northwest. I am disabled, I have been fighting SS for years, finally got a settlement and that money was for setting me up on my own little piece of land with my kids. Now the ex is talking about taking the kids back because of our limited power situation. DUDE not ok I don't like in any way airing my dirty laundry here, but the simple fact is not having what you were paid for and YOU PROMISED ME has caused a perfect storm of hell for me.
You said you had more batteries being delivered to you, well I am waiting, DO WHAT'S RIGHT ship them to me, OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK SO I CAN GET SOME OUT OF TEXAS
Sending you a message

I am working on getting it taken care of but all I can do is pressure the supplier and provide them with the information they need.
I am in the same boat as AER, let alone the cells were damaged, QR codes scratched off, swollen, etc, they were the wrong studs with no hardware. Not only did I not get the wrong batteries, they are unusable. I see that I need to file a UPS claim now? What is the time limitation to do so? I didn't sign for them, they were just left on my door step. I would like to know what next steps are please.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat as AER, let alone the cells were damaged, QR codes scratched off, swollen, etc, they were the wrong studs with no hardware. Not only did I not get the wrong batteries, they are unusable. I see that I need to file a UPS claim now? What is the time limitation to do so? I didn't sign for them, they were just left on my door step. I would like to know what next steps are please.
I was told to send an email to catl_debacle@outlook.com with photos of each cell and describe them and test them for voltage. Also state if it's good for your project or not. Also the boxes they came in with packaging. Additionally there is a phone number we are supposed to call to make a claim with ups, but I don't have the number now

@Michael B Caro
What are your hopes with Alibaba?

Is it to remedy the existing problems (literally every order was impacted as these were not what was advertised and biught/sold as) or is it to get inspections for the next group of your buyers?

Just so you know I had a Michael Caro sighting yesterday!

I can confirm that he is in fact a warm blooded human being thats working his ass off to fix all these problems and make things right as fast as humanly possible (as he promised).

I'm not far from where he is currently at so he came up to personally lay eyes on my damaged cells. By the time he left we had a fair solution to my problem (a different supplier than most of you) and he even drove away with the damaged cells. Evidently there is a market for damaged cells and many of mine are still useable for off grid storage.

Ok for those saying that it is not possible to file a claim or damage report with UPS, I was finally able to get some clarification.
I am NOT saying it was the fault of UPS, or that doing this will necessarily do any good, but the supplier has requested it and so I don't see any downside to doing it really.

I was told that for international shipments we should call 866-782-7892.
They will take a damage report.
They will send out someone to "investigate".
They will determine if UPS bears any responsibility.
If they determine that UPS bears responsibility they will generate a claim number.
If they determine that UPS does not bear responsibility they will report their findings back to the shipper.

They also said that anyone that did not sign for the delivery of these boxes, after the are inspected by UPS, can drop them off at the nearest UPS location.......I would not do that myself until we get more clarification of what is going to transpire.

Now, don't put me on blast if that is not what UPS ends up doing, but that is what they person I talked to in international shipping said to do.

I will report to the supplier tonight that their request for UPS claim numbers is not going to be possible until after UPS does their thing.
Tried this, was not able to file any type of claim on the phone and there were no options to speak with any person live. Since I wasn't notified directly that I had to do this and I don't always get notifications of posts on this thread and cannot check it every day I am now 7 days past the 60 day window that UPS says that you can file a claim. I filed one on the Web anyway but expect it to be denied due to the time frame. If I do get some sort of claim number I'll PM you with it so you can send it to the supplier but since I am now 67 days into this debacle, I have no expectation of any resolution.

Number of cells received
Number of cells leaking

This is a good candidate for a Google form. You can put those as the questions and it will dump the responses into a worksheet. You could even collect preferred contact info that way, but protect it so that random people cannot read the info. If you want help with this, happy to put it together.

This is a good candidate for a Google form. You can put those as the questions and it will dump the responses into a worksheet. You could even collect preferred contact info that way, but protect it so that random people cannot read the info. If you want help with this, happy to put it together.
Never heard of it but will look into it.

I spent about 3 hours this morning trying the telephone number given to ups, which directed me to file claim on the internet, which directed me to take specific pictures of specific sizes, and at the end it seemed to simply reset and i was not given any case number.

But problems i encountered:
1. the shipper of record is king speed, with whom i have no record of buying anything from.
2. I have no actual receipt to show from the Chinese supplier either.
3. While I am within the 60 day window to file the complaint, I did notice the damage the day it was delivered, and decided not to lie about that, which may have kicked out my claim due to some unknown ( by me) policy.

After going through this it seems that to ups, i am not their customer, but perhaps only Michael who presumably has a receipt; and king speed, from whom they picked up the package. I don't seem to fit in to their system.

Anyway, i tried and didn't seem to progress anything at all. I will post a screen shot of the pictures they want for a claim if someone else wants to give it a shot.
Gil

Back