diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

As an original Lishen orderer, switched to CATL in July/August ... I am unsure which category I fall into.

When I switched to CATL I did receive, from Michael, a FEDEX shipping tracking number ... I assume/hope they are on their way, though they have been on their way since August 20 (the date on the shipping tracking number) with no further updates on the tracking information since then. This leads me to actually wonder which 'group' I am or will be in ... I am being patient but do understand and share some frustration about the 'not knowing' part.

Hoping my order is still on its way though I have no way to check. Can you confirm anything Michael? Is this another CATL problem where I might not actually have anything coming to me?

I spent about 3 hours this morning trying the telephone number given to ups, which directed me to file claim on the internet, which directed me to take specific pictures of specific sizes, and at the end it seemed to simply reset and i was not given any case number.

But problems i encountered:
1. the shipper of record is king speed, with whom i have no record of buying anything from.
2. I have no actual receipt to show from the Chinese supplier either.
3. While I am within the 60 day window to file the complaint, I did notice the damage the day it was delivered, and decided not to lie about that, which may have kicked out my claim due to some unknown ( by me) policy.

After going through this it seems that to ups, i am not their customer, but perhaps only Michael who presumably has a receipt; and king speed, from whom they picked up the package. I don't seem to fit in to their system.

Anyway, i tried and didn't seem to progress anything at all. I will post a screen shot of the pictures they want for a claim if someone else wants to give it a shot.
Gil
@Michael have you tried to make claims? Are you able to?

@Michael have you tried to make claims? Are you able to?
I am not able to make claims with UPS. I called them and posted in here what they said. Not sure if I included my ability to make a claim with UPS but they did tell me that I could not.

I have filed claims with Alibaba.

The Supplier that shipped the cells that are a problem is:

Shenzhen Lithtech Energy Co.,Ltd​

Rep I dealt with is Okra Fu

While people are free to try whatever they want, I still think there is zero chance UPS will do anything (regardless of who files the claim). These cells were not properly packaged. End of

I am not able to make claims with UPS. I called them and posted in here what they said. Not sure if I included my ability to make a claim with UPS but they did tell me that I could not.

I have filed claims with Alibaba.

The Supplier that shipped the cells that are a problem is:

Shenzhen Lithtech Energy Co.,Ltd​

Rep I dealt with is Okra Fu
Who packaged the cells? Do you know?

Who packaged the cells? Do you know?
Okra claims that most of the orders were packaged by their shipping forwarder but, if I remember correctly, some of the later ones they packaged themselves.

At one point she posted a picture of a bunch of cells on pallets and said that those were the pallets sent to the shipping forwarder.

Okra claims that most of the orders were packaged by their shipping forwarder but, if I remember correctly, some of the later ones they packaged themselves.

At one point she posted a picture of a bunch of cells on pallets and said that those were the pallets sent to the shipping forwarder.
And is the "shipping forwarder" the King company in California or someone in China or do you know?

As an original Lishen orderer, switched to CATL in July/August ... I am unsure which category I fall into.

When I switched to CATL I did receive, from Michael, a FEDEX shipping tracking number ... I assume/hope they are on their way, though they have been on their way since August 20 (the date on the shipping tracking number) with no further updates on the tracking information since then. This leads me to actually wonder which 'group' I am or will be in ... I am being patient but do understand and share some frustration about the 'not knowing' part.

Hoping my order is still on its way though I have no way to check. Can you confirm anything Michael? Is this another CATL problem where I might not actually have anything coming to me?
Your cells were not shipped by the problem supplier....I will ask the supplier that shipped your cells to check and see if the shipping forwarder can sort out where they are at the minute, but my guess is that they are on one of the ships waiting off the coast of CA

And is the "shipping forwarder" the King company in California or someone in China or do you know?
I do not know for sure but I will try to find out. I do not think they were the original shipping forwarder. If I remember correctly, when I spoke with King Speed they said that they couldnt tell me anything and I would have to contact the supplier and have them talk to their shipping forwarder (but that phone call was a little while ago and I do not remember for sure. I am going to check with other suppliers and see if King Speed is a shipping forwarder with offices in China or not.

Near as I can figure out looking at their website, I think that King Speed is mostly a company that is based in the US and may provide services here for shipping forwarders in China. IF that is correct, they would not have been the ones to package the cells.....assuming the claim that the shipping forwarder packaged most of the cells is true.

Last edited:
Reactions: AER
I do not know for sure but I will try to find out. I do not think they were the original shipping forwarder. If I remember correctly, when I spoke with King Speed they said that they couldnt tell me anything and I would have to contact the supplier and have them talk to their shipping forwarder (but that phone call was a little while ago and I do not remember for sure. I am going to check with other suppliers and see if King Speed is a shipping forwarder with offices in China or not.

Near as I can figure out looking at their website, I think that King Speed is mostly a company that is based in the US and may provide services here for shipping forwarders in China. IF that is correct, they would not have been the ones to package the cells.....assuming the claim that the shipping forwarder packaged most of the cells is true.
Thank you for staying at this and not assuming another identity and deserting us Michael. I know you get a LOT of guff and I wouldnt want to be in your shoes

The poster that suggested Google Form for gathering the information on the number of cells in each catagory has been kind enough to take on doing that for me. I think it will be ready very soon.
Can you share that list at some point or verify that we/I am on the list for my cells? I was left off of a list early on. Thank you.

Thank you for staying at this and not assuming another identity and deserting us Michael. I know you get a LOT of guff and I wouldnt want to be in your shoes
Honestly, as much as some of the things said hurt and, in my opinion, are totally unfair to me, I have never once considered doing that.
Nor have I considered filing for bankruptcy in order to get out from under the Lishen cell problem. That is just not me.

Can you share that list at some point or verify that we/I am on the list for my cells? I was left off of a list early on. Thank you.
I am sure I can share a modified list. The form itself may contain real names and email addresses and some would not want put out into public and I would not want to do that to anyone.

I am sure I can share a modified list. The form itself may contain real names and email addresses and some would not want put out into public and I would not want to do that to anyone.
understood. if you can verify I am on the list to get my four cells corrected, etc. I would appreciate it.

understood. if you can verify I am on the list to get my four cells corrected, etc. I would appreciate it.
The guy doing that for me(who I can not than enough for helping out) will send me the list and then I will post what info I think is ok to post here.
Also, I believe he will be posting the link to go to the form and fill out your info on here.

Here's the draft form. Before anyone fills it out, willing to entertain comments on any additional info to add. This is the list of questions that Michael and I narrowed it down to. You can request a copy of your responses (at the bottom of the form) and you should be able to edit your responses later.

The responses will be automatically dumped into a worksheet that I'll forward to Michael after some period of time. There's no way around entering your email address and name, that I can think of, as Michael will need that to match against his list. But I won't expose the responses on here. You're welcome to try to find the response worksheet if you want to test Google's security, but I have not permitted it to anyone (i.e., it's private).

Just doing this to help resolve the situation. I don't have a horse in this race as I picked up my cells from on-hand stock months ago.

If you have a cell that fits into more than one of the categories, put in in the one that would be the highest priority (so the one that is most likely to get it replaced or a refund) and then maybe put the additional condition in brackets?

Kinda weird when I search Alibaba for that provider there are 2 with the same name. One on Ali for 4 years and not too bad of rating .... the other only 1 year and poor rating.

Back