diy solar

diy solar

Catl 302 AH from Docan

Northernchateau

Solar Enthusiast
I have 2 310ah 24v LifePO4 battery banks w/Overkill BMS running and saw a need for more battery storage so I went online shopping.
Everything coming from China is 4-8 weeks out so I contacted Any @ Docan and got a price on 8 302ah Catl batteries.
Her price is good and she could ship from Texas in 1 week which she did.
Batteries came via UPS 2 per box and the packaging was mint.
I inspected the cases and everything looked good and the sides were flat withing 1 mm.
Connected them in series with a new Overkill 100 amp BMS and charged them to 28.5 volts (all batteries started out at 3.27 volts)
After that was complete I checked the side flattness and noted all swelled approx another 1 mm ish.
Now I connected the batteries in Parallel and charged them to 3.65 volts.
Once my power supply was down to 0.2 amps I took them apart and load tested 2 cells.
One cell load tested 315 ah the other one load tested 319 ah.
Once the 2nd tested battery get charged back up I will do a quick top balance then put them back in series, in compression and in service.

Hrm exceed the AH but are short WH. The Catl 302 is a 966 Wh cell.

Can you upload some pics I would like to see the qr code.

I have 2 310ah 24v LifePO4 battery banks w/Overkill BMS running and saw a need for more battery storage so I went online shopping.
Everything coming from China is 4-8 weeks out so I contacted Any @ Docan and got a price on 8 302ah Catl batteries.
I inspected the cases and everything looked good and the sides were flat withing 1 mm.
Connected them in series with a new Overkill 100 amp BMS and charged them to 28.5 volts (all batteries started out at 3.27 volts)
After that was complete I checked the side flattness and noted all swelled approx another 1 mm ish.
Once my power supply was down to 0.2 amps I took them apart and load tested 2 cells.
Once the 2nd tested battery get charged back up I will do a quick top balance then put them back in series, in compression and in service.
What capacity tester did you use?

I received a quote from Docan a couple weeks ago inquiring about US stock 302ah cells. They quoted China stock shipped to US because 'the US stock listed on their website was an error.' ???

I received a quote from Docan a couple weeks ago inquiring about US stock 302ah cells. They quoted China stock shipped to US because 'the US stock listed on their website was an error.' ???
When I looked 302 ah were in stock in texas and I got a quote from Amy on Oct 10th. I sent them money via Paypal and 10 days later I had batteries.

Sounds like classic bait and switch.

When I looked 302 ah were in stock in texas and I got a quote from Amy on Oct 10th. I sent them money via Paypal and 10 days later I had batteries.
Don't know what's up. Docan still shows Eve 304ah in US stock and the quote was from 10-23. I like the price difference US stock vs China, but the wait ...

Their website is constantly wrong (they really need to keep the inventory up to date...)

Back