diy solar

diy solar

CATL purchases from Michael B Caro

Mightymach

Tagging: @Michael B Caro

First, let me start by saying the intention of this post is not to implicates or absolve Michael of any wrongdoing.

This post is only intended to gather a list of Michael's customers that have purchased CATL cells from him that arrived damaged.

Please, do not post in this forum your personal information or order information as I would like to keep all of this information confidential as we gather our list. Rather, please send me a PM with your information, order information, payment method, and any photos you have. I will compile a spreadsheet with all of our information, battery counts, tracking numbers, and expenses. Additionally, I would prefer to have a 2 part identification of orders to ensure this data does not become sabotaged with fake orders from any other, non-affected party.

Michael can then respond with a number of cells that he has reported as damaged and see if it matches the quantity I have gathered.

This post is not intended to take the place of the other thread, but rather as an announcement to begin organizing all parties that have been wronged.

I know I'm asking for a lot of trust in a situation where all trust is seemingly lost, but we need to be united in this as one voice of 300 (or however many there are of us) rather than 300 voices of one.

I, unfortunately, look forward to putting this list together in order to seek a resolution.

Last edited:
Devils Advocate Here:
State your Purpose, Intentions & Goals

WHY would anyone wish to disclose any information to you ? You are just a "Forum User".
IF you are a Legal Creature then you should know better & disclose that status.
Are you working WITH Micheal collaboratively to build a Case against suppliers or what ?

FOR ALL WE KNOW, You may be one of those Vendors that BURNT Micheal and his purchasers

Devils Advocate Here:
State your Purpose, Intentions & Goals

WHY would anyone wish to disclose any information to you ? You are just a "Forum User".
IF you are a Legal Creature then you should know better & disclose that status.
Are you working WITH Micheal collaboratively to build a Case against suppliers or what ?

FOR ALL WE KNOW, You may be one of those Vendors that BURNT Micheal and his purchasers
You're totally right. I could be....and in a sense, I acknowledged this (I know I'm asking for a lot of trust in a situation where all trust is seemingly lost). But, then again I could just be another guy that is trying get things organized. I've posted video of me opening my damaged package. And for me to play devil's advocate; for all we know you're trying to discredit this post because you are the supplier. I suspected something like this would happen which is why I preferred a 2 part verification. And speaking of this....why are you concerned about Micheal [sic] getting burnt? Michael was not and has not been burned. Michael made his profits and those with destroyed, unusable, or otherwise misrepresented cells have been burned. We are the ones out money, we are the ones out batteries, and we are the ones that are not getting any form of communication, or consistent story. So, if you have destroyed cells and are out money and you feel sending me your information represents a greater risk, you do not need to send me your information. However, if you feel sending your order information to me does not represent risk--or represents less of a risk of doing nothing and taking a guaranteed loss of money, then I am organizing a list.

In the end, it doesn't necessarily matter to me if you, Steve_S, want to give me your information or not. What we are currently doing has fallen on deaf ears with Michael and I've posted my goals and intentions earlier in this thread.

For those that have began sending information, I will begin putting it into a spreadsheet tonight. For those that are still awaiting their cells, feel free to send your information as well....I can put that in there as well on a separate tab.

Thanks again for the trust and support. If you have any other issues, feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Last edited:
I never bought anything through a Group Buy and not involved with Micheal and this whole affair.
My point was that IF anyone is asking for information that you should clearly state your Purpose & Intentions / Goals as to what you are doing, why and how. Which is still as of yet Unanswered.

I remember reading when someone posted they were expecting a rather large shipment to themselves directly (their own batteries).

I remember debating the entire third+ party from China battery buying going on....and wondering why anyone would risk such a thing...

I decided the person setting that up was most likely trying to get started in the business and was using buyers/vendors to accomplish that. This is indeed how the Western world works.

I decided I'd much rather spend a little more with a company that has some skin in the game already than be a part of a "start up".

Its called risk/reward.

I can feel for those who were burnt. We even know going with the "established" companies comes with a risk. Big Battery comes to mind....

I'm going to go for extreme generalizations and speculation, assuming the worst case scenario, calling into question not only everyone's agenda, but also their ancestry, progeny, and preferred carbonated non-alcoholic beverage. ( https://popvssoda.com/ )

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy... at making dramatic threads with sweeping speculations.
- Red Green, probably.

I never bought anything through a Group Buy and not involved with Micheal and this whole affair.
My point was that IF anyone is asking for information that you should clearly state your Purpose & Intentions / Goals as to what you are doing, why and how. Which is still as of yet Unanswered.
Steve, please, open your eyes. It's right there; I'll post it again:

This post is only intended to gather a list of Michael's customers that have purchased CATL cells from him that arrived damaged.

This post is not intended to take the place of the other thread, but rather as an announcement to begin organizing all parties that have been wronged.

I know I'm asking for a lot of trust in a situation where all trust is seemingly lost, but we need to be united in this as one voice of 300 (or however many there are of us) rather than 300 voices of one.

Thank you to everyone that has sent their information so far. Please continue to do so. Michael has resurfaced and that's a step in the right Direction.

What is the purpose of this thread? What do you intend to do with the information provided to you? You have not answered the question. What are your intentions...motives?

There are not nearly 300 people. There are a total of 300+ cells involved according to Michael. Everyone who received damaged cells is speaking up in the thread Brewman started. There was no need to start another one much less ask for peoples info.

Thank you to everyone that has sent their information so far. Please continue to do so. Michael has resurfaced and that's a step in the right Direction.
I would advise against sending information to you. Honestly I feel it's none of your business even if you might have good intentions. It's Michael's business and it's up to him to make good with everyone who received damaged cells.

Michael has resurfaced and the fact you mention that is very telling. I agree his absence was not cool and I will not excuse it. But it seems as though you have some legal motive for starting this thread. And IMO it's far too early to go in that direction.

What is the purpose of this thread? What do you intend to do with the information provided to you? You have not answered the question. What are your intentions...motives?...
I agree its too early for filing suit. But is there anything wrong with getting organized? If it were me, I'd rather be organized than wait for a second disappearance. Michael was "just a forum user" at some point, too.

I agree that motives should be stated.

Anyway, I have nothing at stake here or anything personal against michael. Just voicing my (potentially unwelcome) 2 cents.

I want to add something else. If anyone initiates any kind of action prematurely, be it PatPal or legal or otherwise, this boat could be rocked and sink to the bottom of the ocean. I would tread very carefully with any ideas of taking any kind of recourse at this point in time. Give Michael a chance to make things right. That's the best way to go and if it doesn't work out do whatever you as buyers think is appropriate.

I agree its too early for filing suit. But is there anything wrong with getting organized? If it were me, I'd rather be organized than wait for a second disappearance. Michael was "just a forum user" at some point, too.

I agree that motives should be stated.

Anyway, I have nothing at stake here or anything personal against michael. Just voicing my (potentially unwelcome) 2 cents.
There is ample time to file a lawsuit. IMO iit's premature to think about it. But... your 2 cents are welcome since your thoughts are free of charge...lol.

First, let me start by saying the intention of this post is not to implicates or absolve Michael of any wrongdoing.
I have no doubt your intentions are to implicate Michael. Be honest. How about I start a thread absolving him. I have no intention of doing that but it's clear what your intentions could lead to.
Michael can then respond with a number of cells that he has reported as damaged and see if it matches the quantity I have gathered.
That's BS. No doubt Michael knows who supplied these cells and therefore he knows exactly who is receiving damaged cells from this supplier. Be honest.

I, unfortunately, look forward to putting this list together in order to seek a resolution.
You posted this before Michael resurfaced. So how did you intend to seek a resolution? Be honest.

I have no doubt your intentions are to implicate Michael. Be honest. How about I start a thread absolving him. I have no intention of doing that but it's clear what your intentions could lead to.

That's BS. No doubt Michael knows who supplied these cells and therefore he knows exactly who is receiving damaged cells from this supplier. Be honest.

You posted this before Michael resurfaced. So how did you intend to seek a resolution? Be honest.
Gazoo-
It really doesn't matter what I say as you appear to be predetermined to believe whatever it is you want to believe.

But, let's try to address these one last time.

My intentions are:
1. Get truthful answers.
2. Get an open line of communication from Michael.
3. Get a refund for myself, and in turn, everyone else.
4. Organize and create a "union" if you will. Nobody here knows how large of an issue this is. We've seen people (myself included) post pictures and videos of their cells, but guess what...there are a lot.more people that have not posted pictures of their cells. I only know this because I have been PMd.
5. As an organized group, we have powern and more pptions--just as a random forum member obtains buying power organizing a group buy. Only, a member putting on a group buy is taking a fee and making profits and I am doing this for no payment.
6. You're right, Michael does know who's receiving damaged cells. But Michael has hardly been forthcoming. As pointed out, he said he would contact all those that bought cells from him. Well, I'm not the only one that didn't get a message.

You can start a thread absolving michael if you would like. Hell, I'll do it once he's absolved himself. My intentions are simple and stated numerous times. But, let me ask you this: how.long do you suppose everyone let's this go until it becomes an issue? 3 months? 6 months? The oldest order I know about is Februsqry 1. In 5 months, we're at a year. And yet, we're still sending out damaged cells. Moreover, to my knowledge, nobody has posted saying their CATL cells were received packaged appropriately, as described, and undamaged. Not one!

Now, why don't you be honest. When did you place your order? Did you post pics of your cells? Why would you even joke around about absolving Michael? How do you know it's "300+ cells according to michael?" Have you spoke to Michael about this? Where is this information at publicly? I never receivednit and I'm an affected party. Rather, as discussed, I've been told one story after another, after another....just as everyone else has.

I'll stand by with what I said from the get go. If you want to be organized, send me your information. If you don't, that's fine too. I find it better to be prepared and not need it than to not be prepared and need it.

Once more, Michael, welcome back and please keep an open line of communication with all of us.

Back