diy solar

diy solar

Cell imbalance during (slow) capacity test: not even near rated capacity

I wish I would of found this thread earlier. Seems I am in a similar position. Not sure best way to proceed. Purchased 8 x 280ah cells from Liitokala through ali express vis paypal using a credit card and have had following issues:

1) Cells arrived late, beyond 75 day guarantee (not a big deal but the other issues are)
2) 4 of the 8 cells have crooked threads resulting in crooked studs.
3) At least 2 of the 8 cells are lower capacity approx 237ah - I noticed one cell runner upon precharge then top balanced in parallel at 3.63. After top balance, I assembled in 8s 24v using bms and begin slow capacity test at 165 watts. Two of the cells trigger under voltage disconnect (2.5) 36 hours in at 237ah

Seeing how many people seem to have issues with this vendor and alixpress siding with vendors more often where should I dispute. Aliexpress, paypal or cc?

I wish I would of found this thread earlier. Seems I am in a similar position. Not sure best way to proceed. Purchased 8 x 280ah cells from Liitokala through ali express vis paypal using a credit card and have had following issues:

1) Cells arrived late, beyond 75 day guarantee (not a big deal but the other issues are)
3) At least 2 of the 8 cells are lower capacity approx 237ah - I noticed one cell runner upon precharge then top balanced in parallel at 3.63. After top balance, I assembled in 8s 24v using bms and begin slow capacity test at 165 watts. Two of the cells trigger under voltage disconnect (2.5) 36 hours in at 237ah

Seeing how many people seem to have issues with this vendor and alixpress siding with vendors more often where should I dispute. Aliexpress, paypal or cc?
I would start a dispute with all three to be honest. Scam vendors need to go away, selling used cells as new is a big problem.
For myself, I know my credit card would pull the money back within 24 hours, PayPal I don't use, not for these purchases (unless I get extra cash back like Discover). Aliexpress, don't hold your breath, the best you will get is a "token".

I would certainly dispute with Ali. But they require a lot of evidence - I've done several tests, created time shift videos (also see this thread), taken photo's.

In addition to testing and disputing, peel back the black covers on the minus terminal. Mine had scratched QR codes but beneath them, I could make out my cells were actually 220Ah cells instead of 280Ah. If you can find such text as well, make a movie of the cells, lifting the black cover and showing the specification. If this is the case with your cells as well, don't just dispute because of the capacity, but also because you've been sold rewrapped cells with a higher capacity sticker slapped on: this clearly is fraudulent behaviour.

Make sure Ali knows about this, as John said, fraudulent shops need to go.

And of course, if you paid by credit card, you're in luck.

I would certainly dispute with Ali. But they require a lot of evidence - I've done several tests, created time shift videos (also see this thread), taken photo's.

In addition to testing and disputing, peel back the black covers on the minus terminal. Mine had scratched QR codes but beneath them, I could make out my cells were actually 220Ah cells instead of 280Ah. If you can find such text as well, make a movie of the cells, lifting the black cover and showing the specification. If this is the case with your cells as well, don't just dispute because of the capacity, but also because you've been sold rewrapped cells with a higher capacity sticker slapped on: this clearly is fraudulent behaviour.

Make sure Ali knows about this, as John said, fraudulent shops need to go.

And of course, if you paid by credit card, you're in luck.
I peeled back as discussed and cant make out the numbers as they are definitely scratched out. So is it safe to assume the are not brand new cells then? Otherwise why would they scratch them out

Also is there a way to manually type in the serial number and verify the cells with manufacturer?

I peeled back as discussed and cant make out the numbers as they are definitely scratched out. So is it safe to assume the are not brand new cells then? Otherwise why would they scratch them out
The manufacturer scratches them out so people cannot make warranty claims. The manufacturer sold them as cells not meeting spec for a reduced price.

The manufacturer scratches them out so people cannot make warranty claims. The manufacturer sold them as cells not meeting spec for a reduced price.
So this is normal and expected even though the cells are listed as new grade a original?

So this is normal and expected even though the cells are listed as new grade a original?
It certainly tells you that they are NOT grade A. It doesn't tell you if they are new or used, just that the manufacturer does not warranty them. It is quite common in bulk cells.

Obviously, this is a disassembled battery, removed from the electric car.Has been used more than two thousand times.
Actually, turns out these are 220Ah cells, resleeved as 280Ah.

See images in

Back