diy solar

diy solar

Cell label - -how do I read it?

BarkingSpider

Carbon Lifeform
Any idea how I read this label on my new 280ah cells? Is it a standard QR code? Its too small to read with my phone. All I can get is the time and date, is there any more info?
2D5241E7-855D-4A5F-8202-35ABB66B5087.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes.

If you read in the forum, many have the same question.

Answer is simple.
The QR code will show you the numbers you can now also read.

The factory will not provide you with information or warranty.

As you ask the question here and did not receive all info from the seller, you probably bought of Alibaba.

We all buy gray market cells over there.
Good ones, but without any real warranty.

Just the purchase protection via Alibaba.

You can lift the black plastic and see if it's a sticker or inside the aluminium.
Sticker is "rebranded"
Still doesn't tell anything about your cells and quality.

The short answer is : NO.
You can not get real information about your cells from that code.

If you bought 5000, then yes, you might be able to.

We have not been able to fully decipher the code yet, and there is some disagreement on whether the code is readable or not.

This document contains a partial key for the LF280N (a newer generation of the EVE LF280 which is the cell everyone has)

Screenshot_2020-11-09 EVE LF280N-72174 Specification pdf.png

Attachments

• EVE LF280N-72174 Specification(1).pdf
    682 KB · Views: 29
We have not been able to fully decipher the code yet, and there is some disagreement on whether the code is readable or not.

This document contains a partial key for the LF280N (a newer generation of the EVE LF280 which is the cell everyone has)

View attachment 27093
Thank you!!

New information for me that this is already public.

Is it known how to decipher the date code and if there is more information about it??

- Production dates code
- specification model code
- Vendor code

Are probably the most relevant.

Reactions: Dzl
Thank you!!

New information for me that this is already public.

Is it known how to decipher the date code and if there is more information about it??
There has been a lot of speculation about this (I can't remember which thread we discussed this in), maybe @Gazoo or @ArthurEld or @AussieSim recalls where that conversation took place.

My Recollection:

The primary theory at first was the date code (first 3 digits of the vertical barcode) was a 'hexadecimal code' (which is a 'base 16' number system 0-9 A-F)

Under that theory, In the example above:
87C = Year-Month-Day = 2018-7-12 (C is 12 in hex)
So the theory matched the one example.

But then we started checking more date codes against this theory and finding that some used values beyond hex value 88P or 87R for instance, so then the theory became it was a modified version of hex, where the values went from 0 to V (V corresponding to 31 or the last day of the longest month). However its unclear if this is the case or not, its hard to draw any certain conclusions from just the single data point we have.

Adding to the confusion, a couple of the resellers were questioned on this when they represented cells as 'new 2020 cells' that we thought were from 2018. They are adamant that they and we cannot read the barcodes and only EVE can decipher them. Of course, whether it is true or not it is in there best interest to say this. Its entirely possible that they are right, that they are wrong but being honest, or that they are wrong and being dishonest. The document I posted with the key for the barcode is the newer version of the cells, so its possible the resellers have never seen this document, and older versions don't include the key.

Long story short, there is still a lot of uncertainty.

Hey all,
I ordered several EVE 280's from a seller and the first cell I capacity tested stopped right at 272.
Here is the code on the cell, the "vendor code" is not 04Q EvePower" but instead is "02Y" and the Specification code is different as well.
I'd be very interested to hear your comments on this folks.

20201216_140510.jpg
thanks!

Hey all,
I ordered several EVE 280's from a seller and the first cell I capacity tested stopped right at 272.
Here is the code on the cell, the "vendor code" is not 04Q EvePower" but instead is "02Y" and the Specification code is different as well.

View attachment 30565
thanks!
I recall seeing the 02Y code before, not sure how to interpret it, or how to interpret 'vendor code' in general.

Looks the same on all the cells I have seen except a couple received cells with completely different labels.. Spec codes on mine are 66, whatever that means, and the vendor code is 02Y which is EVE. 04Q is EVE Power.

Hey all,

View attachment 30565
thanks!
Screenshot_20201218_114717.jpg

Looks like "Eve"
Tastes like "Eve"
Way to low capacity might indicate C rate (normally not for resell),

View attachment 30590

Looks like "Eve"
Tastes like "Eve"
Way to low capacity might indicate C rate (normally not for resell),
Haha thanks, you and I both missed that earlier today when I sent it to you fhorst in chat before posting with the same chart! what are the odds!
:LOL:

BTW I also have some "EVE 120 AH" and 1 of them very strangely totally behaves like it is shorted internally (shows 0v and will accept charge forever). It was part of a 48v system that was working just fine until this one some how got an internal short.
I zoomed in on it today and it says "HIGEE" on the battery label.
They were presented as EVE cells to me. Is HIGEE the same company?
Here is the 120 AH EVE that is acting bizarelly.
20201218_163559.jpg
BTW: I am always particularly careful when adding terminal bolts to cells to just make them snug, not tight.

Back