@S Davis Do you considea these flexible as in the back and forth between the cell expansion and contraction, or is this bar flexible as in bending it into a C, but not so much in strain relief on the terminal?
The bar is flexible enough to make bends, I could bend a v for expansion length wise if it is an issue but I think going diagonal will alleviate most of the issues. This is for a mobile application so I will be monitoring the connections closely. Both 280ah banks are being mounted on vibration isolators.
I forgot to update my own thread on my progress! I ended up making wire interconnects. I used AWG 4 (ampacity 160a) for the parallel connections, and AWG 1/0 x 2 for the serial connections. Each 1/0 cable has an ampacity of 285a, so total of 570a for serial connections. I'm happy that they have some give to them, and I feel wires and terminals are very solid and reliable technology. I've fixtured the cells with 1/4" aluminum end plates, 7 threaded rods, and springs. If someone wants the dxf file for hydro-cutting the aluminum end plates, I'm willing to share, just let me know. It cost me $100 for the cutting, and about $30 for the aluminum. In between each cell is a thin sheet of silcone mat, which is heat resistant, vibration damping, and importantly, an electrical insulator. It sticks to each cell like cling wrap, no adhesive needed. The whole thing is on a thick silicone mat, and strapped down. I'm happy with how it all turned out, and I'm currently using it on my boat (family of 4 live on it). Thanks to everyone who helped me get to my final design!