NVENT ERIFLEX, ERICO Flexible Busbars, Eriflex Flexibar Series​

534011 Part Image

Marinepower

Solar Enthusiast
I am trying this flexible buss bar.

534011​

NVENT ERIFLEX, ERICO Flexible Busbars, Eriflex Flexibar Series​

534011 Part Image
Looks very good - but where are you sourcing them in small quantities?

Last edited:

S Davis

Solar Enthusiast
I am in the PNW, I am building three eve 280ah 12 volt packs if I have extra I will let you know.

Marinepower

Solar Enthusiast
I am in the PNW, I am building three eve 280ah 12 volt packs if I have extra I will let you know.
Sure - keep the Forum informed as to how this work out for you.

I think the bus bar issue is the weakest link in these cells. I have had to remove mine twice this year to clean and re torque due to voltage fluctuations...

I'm going to try the MG Chemicals 647 that Upnorthandpersonal recommended.

I am also in the PNW, but on the Canadian side of the border.

chrisski

Photon Sorcerer
@S Davis Do you considea these flexible as in the back and forth between the cell expansion and contraction, or is this bar flexible as in bending it into a C, but not so much in strain relief on the terminal?

S Davis

Solar Enthusiast
The bar is flexible enough to make bends, I could bend a v for expansion length wise if it is an issue but I think going diagonal will alleviate most of the issues. This is for a mobile application so I will be monitoring the connections closely. Both 280ah banks are being mounted on vibration isolators.

ohthetrees

Solar Enthusiast
I forgot to update my own thread on my progress! I ended up making wire interconnects. I used AWG 4 (ampacity 160a) for the parallel connections, and AWG 1/0 x 2 for the serial connections. Each 1/0 cable has an ampacity of 285a, so total of 570a for serial connections. I'm happy that they have some give to them, and I feel wires and terminals are very solid and reliable technology. I've fixtured the cells with 1/4" aluminum end plates, 7 threaded rods, and springs. If someone wants the dxf file for hydro-cutting the aluminum end plates, I'm willing to share, just let me know. It cost me $100 for the cutting, and about $30 for the aluminum. In between each cell is a thin sheet of silcone mat, which is heat resistant, vibration damping, and importantly, an electrical insulator. It sticks to each cell like cling wrap, no adhesive needed. The whole thing is on a thick silicone mat, and strapped down. I'm happy with how it all turned out, and I'm currently using it on my boat (family of 4 live on it). Thanks to everyone who helped me get to my final design!

IMG_0121.jpegIMG_0019.jpegIMG_0016.jpegIMG_0041B .jpgIMG_0014.jpeg

chrisski

Photon Sorcerer
What thickness aluminum plate did you use, and can you give a link to the silicone mat?