diy solar

diy solar

Cells on Will's site

Stewfish

Does anyone have some long term usage and praise for their lifepo cells? A dozen of mine sucked from Bashen and the rep disappeared and wouldn't reply to warranty requests. I was thinking those industrial overkill/ fortune cells. I need a legit supplier and cell. Its a good thing I bought a bunch of extra cells for future projects.

Fortune 100ah at $114/cell for 32 cells = $3648 for 10.24kwh

Overkill's same cells are $128 x 32 cells = $4096

For more than double the kwh some of the Eve/Lichen cells like the top one on Will's page is $4800 for 28kwh. However they are double the price I paid per cell. $150 but if some people have actually had the warranty cells and swap out bad/bulging cells then I am good with that. Only.Costco in my experience actually stands by their warranty/return policy.

I just dont want junk and my batrium BMS works fine and is what I will use for my 2nd 16s2p battery.

Don't get me wrong, but impossible to answer...

By the time there is history made, new cells are developed.

Besides this, vendors keep changing stock and suppliers for this stock.

That being said, my 280Ah Eve working great.
The 152Ah (also Eve) total crap.

The 6 X 24v 260Ah (set as S16) prebuild BYD LiFePO4 (probably from EV usage) Work great also.
@ $1535 for 13.3kwh, include Jkong 2A BMS, those are my best buy.
(I know available in Thailand, not other countries)

But.. both BYD as Eve, new production dates, new sources..
Absolutely no guarantee for future buys!

Double pricing compared to China doesn't seem like a bad deal, if they Provide real warranty.

Many products are about half price directly from China, but no warranty or support.

Don't get me wrong, but impossible to answer...

By the time there is history made, new cells are developed.

Besides this, vendors keep changing stock and suppliers for this stock.

That being said, my 280Ah Eve working great.
The 152Ah (also Eve) total crap.

The 6 X 24v 260Ah (set as S16) prebuild BYD LiFePO4 (probably from EV usage) Work great also.
@ $1535 for 13.3kwh, include Jkong 2A BMS, those are my best buy.
(I know available in Thailand, not other countries)

But.. both BYD as Eve, new production dates, new sources..
Absolutely no guarantee for future buys!

Double pricing compared to China doesn't seem like a bad deal, if they Provide real warranty.

Many products are about half price directly from China, but no warranty or support.
I trust warranties about as much as S#!+ in a box as Tommy Boy would say. I have never had a company not price gouge on shipping or be horrible to deal with/dissapear/or they just bill me for a new item that I then had to fight - unless it was costco, home depot, harbor freight or other box/ brick and mortar stores that advertise good return policies. Never once have I had an actual brand live up to the warranty, even North Face, dive gear, sunglasses, watches, the list goes on. $60 for shipping to get sunglasses that cost $120. They also play the game of waiting 6+ months to return a device and thus the year warranty is up if the replacement is junk. What do you do while your battery is down waiting for new cells... Thus you need to buy extra cells. That said, does anyone like one of the companies better than another? Has anyone had to warranty cells? I can build my own battery and have done it if I have reliable cells.

It would be nice to have tested cells w similar resistance and verified capacity for that price if someone knows they do it. actually do it.

Last edited:
Back