diy solar

diy solar

Cerbo gx relay wiring

Fraser

Hi everyone. Does anyone have a cerbo gx that uses the stop start generator relay? The relay things on the cerbo don’t even seem to have a screw on them. Never wired a relay and these ones look extra special. If anyone has any pictures of this and can give me advice on how to wire the thing and not break it. That would be great!
Many thanks in advance

Hi Fraser,

I have one running the auto start on my property off grid backup generator.

You need to have a 'two wire' auto start system on your generator to use the Cerbo GX generator relay.

Its just a NO relay that closes on command and shorts the wires.

The Cerbo GX comes with some press in adapters that you can push fit the trigger wires to.

As they are signal wires only they are only very tiny gauge.

Its been up for 3 months now and works very well.

Regards

Jimmy

Hi Fraser,

I have one running the auto start on my property off grid backup generator.

You need to have a 'two wire' auto start system on your generator to use the Cerbo GX generator relay.

Its just a NO relay that closes on command and shorts the wires.

The Cerbo GX comes with some press in adapters that you can push fit the trigger wires to.

As they are signal wires only they are only very tiny gauge.

Its been up for 3 months now and works very well.

Regards

Jimmy
Thank you for you reply.

Yeah I think mine does. My generator is a good 15 metres from my cerbo though. That may be a issue with the thin wires and the distance?
What distance is yours working at?
Many thanks

Fraser

Mine runs to a digital controller on the generator so it's only a tiny current.
Mine is ~5m run but I would not expect any issues with a 15m or even a 50m run.

Jimmy

Mine runs to a digital controller on the generator so it's only a tiny current.
Mine is ~5m run but I would not expect any issues with a 15m or even a 50m run.

Jimmy
Thank you for the reply.
My little Honda has a digital display too.
Sorry to be a dummy but how is it wired into the little plastic relay 1 thing. I see 3 slots. Are they pushed into the left side near where on the gx it says NO. I really haven’t a clue.

Thanks so much for your help.

Thank you for the reply.
My little Honda has a digital display too.
Sorry to be a dummy but how is it wired into the little plastic relay 1 thing. I see 3 slots. Are they pushed into the left side near where on the gx it says NO. I really haven’t a clue.

Thanks so much for your help.
If your using a two wire start system the generator starts when the two wires are shorted together.

As such you want to use the Common and NO ports on Relay 1. (The generator controls only work on relay 1 on the Cerbo) NO is the normally open relay contact. As in the circuit is broken until the relay is energised / activated. Ie activation turns it on.

The NC is the normally closed contact. As in that circuit is closed until the relay is activated. Ie activation turns it off.

Regards Jimmy

If your using a two wire start system the generator starts when the two wires are shorted together.

As such you want to use the Common and NO ports on Relay 1. (The generator controls only work on relay 1 on the Cerbo) NO is the normally open relay contact. As in the circuit is broken until the relay is energised / activated. Ie activation turns it on.

The NC is the normally closed contact. As in that circuit is closed until the relay is activated. Ie activation turns it off.

Regards Jimmy
Hi, Thank you Jimmy.

This really makes sense now. Very exciting! And cool. I’m going to have a go wiring it in soon. Do you have any of those wires fused?

So great full for this, I would have never understood it other wise.

Many thanks.

Fraser

Back