diy solar

diy solar

certificate to transport lithium cells?

Bud40

good day !

some experience ive had

i bought some cells recently on Alibaba. when it came to transport the cells via sea n road , i was told i needed a CERTIFICATE FOR SAFE TRANSPORT OF CHEMICAL GOODS. This comes from the supplier. The supplier i bought the cells from doesnt have this certificate- i did ask for all documents regarding transport of dangerous goods ! This particular certificate they knew nothing about. i had assumed they sold hundreds of these cells they would know what was needed! it seems im stuck with them in china for a little while , while i sort something out!

are you fellow members air freighting them only or some of you also use sea freight.? do you handle freight yourselves or does your supplier handle that for you?

are there any suppliers watching this thread that have this certificate?- id buy from you in future! mail me please!

thanks

H

DDP stands for Delivered Duty Paid, and in simple terms, it means that the SELLER covers ALL the costs associated with the goods and the shipment of your order from their door to yours, which includes: ... Shipping. Import duties/fees/VAT/Customs clearance. Delivery to the specified address.

what cells?
what supplier?
they are 3.2 v lishen 173 ah and 202 ah cells, they being shipped to Zimbabwe. any members heard of this certificate? . will definately look into DDP option.

I assume that they are referencing UN 38.3 trasnport certificate. Allegedly this certification is probably available from Lishen, perhaps you should try contacting them and asking for it directly?
edit: you can find SDS online from other Lishen cells which claim to have passed UN 38.3 testing. I imagine that the certification you need is available from Lishen somehow

would this work?

Attachments

• AZ16-2_LiShen_UN38.3.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Well, that's the certificate for a different product from Lishen, some smaller 1200mAh cells. If you're trying to do this in accordance with the rules, then that's not what you need.
If you don't really care about complying with the rules, and you just want to get it done-- you could probably try submitting that certificate. Does anyone know if they're actually going to check the model type/number of the certificate vs the real product?

I have the MSDS and test reports. i also have conformity certificates But the shipping company is asking for another certificate. its called the certificate to safe transport of chemical goods. this is quite confusing. ive sent mails to shippers . one said tht there is the other certificate we looking for and most read my messages and dont respond , so i am not any closer to finding info on how to get my cells out of China!

Back