diy solar

diy solar

Changed to a Victron CC

MrNatural22

?SW sunshine =⚡️⚡️lit up thru the darkness✌️
Had a big EPever 4215bn MPPT CC and bought a Victron smart solar 100-30 to replace it. Loved the EPever but it takes up valuable space in my install.
Installed, updated and set parameters. Piece O cake so far.
This is what I have currently set for my 12v 100ah LiFePo setup.
I do have equalization off.
Battery also has a overkill BMS for low temp protection.
Any input or advise on adjusting these settings would be most helpful please ? muchos grazziazz
Thanks ?
7741F18A-9843-429C-B1B3-B3A63CCCEC6B.png
72570B7F-AE30-4575-AEDC-3C4753049DBD.png

If those are your absorb and float voltages, there's not much more to it. I don't know if Lithium has temp compensation for lithium, or if that's lead acid.

If you get additional Victron, equipment, it's super easy to network. I have two different sets of panels and voltages so 2 Victron SCCs, plus a battery monitor to watch it all, and its all networked together. I have the Victron 100/30, 100/50, and BMS-712.

You can change your PID, that way if we park next to each other, I don't accidently make adjustments to your settings on my Bluetooth.

Thanks, not sure of setting the temp compensation for LiFePo though. I do have a aili coulumb meter that has functioned great with the EPever.
My compartment in the cargo conversion for components is tight so installing the Victron has more room to breathe.
The EPever took up all the room that the Victron now uses.
?

56C8B961-30FB-4C83-B3C5-38B3BE91FDDC.jpeg

Looking good.

I would greatly reduce the equalization voltage in case you ever accidentally hit that “Start Now” button.

The compact size and ease of use is a big Victron bonus.

Change your Equalization to 14.4v (and off - like you have it). Then if you ever by mistake start to equalize - it just hits to batteries at 14.4 for ___time. Also it lets you do a 14.4v charge if you ever want to.( why I don’t know, but...)

Looking good.

I would greatly reduce the equalization voltage in case you ever accidentally hit that “Start Now” button.

The compact size and ease of use is a big Victron bonus.
Change your Equalization to 14.4v (and off - like you have it). Then if you ever by mistake start to equalize - it just hits to batteries at 14.4 for ___time. Also it lets you do a 14.4v charge if you ever want to.( why I don’t know, but...)

Thanks guys make perfect sense and I did think about how easy my big ole fingers may accidentally hit that button causing unneeded cussing and regret ? ? ?
Can’t always depend on the BMS to save ya.
14.4v is my new setting ?

Back