diy solar

diy solar

changing from 12v to 24v

oldcat

im changing form 12v to 24v do i need to do anything on my epever tracer 60amps 6415 an-- charge controller.. or is it all automatic when i turn it all back on when im done. thanks..

Last edited:
I can't speak to your specific device, but most will check the battery voltage after they have been completely disconnected from power.

Be sure to disconnect the PV first, then the battery. When reconnecting, battery first, then PV.

Some charge controllers (such as from Victron) only detect the voltage once. Check your controller's manual. This is from the Victron manual:

Automatic battery voltage recognition
The controllers will automatically adjust to a 12V, 24V or a 48V system one time only. If a different system voltage is required at a later stage, it must be changed manually, for example with the Bluetooth app or the optionel LCD display.

this tracer-BN-series 40amp when i change it from 12volt-to-24-volt now the battery green lead is flashin really fast and the warning lead on the MT 50-meter is on.. it says voltage-overload in the manual... i see nothing in the manual about this not switcahig automically............ my other tracer- 6415- 60amp AN series- change automatically.....all help would be appreciated...thanks

Back