diy solar

diy solar

changing Mode on Growatt MIC-Series changes rated output power

gwmix

I´ve got some Growatt MIC inverters (2pc MIC600T-LX and MIC2000T-LX) and I was wondering long time, if they are the same inverter with just different output limits.
Specs seems to be the same: Max DC Voltage 500V, MPP-Range 50V-500V, Max current 13A, same weight, same dimensions.

A tear down showed me, same wire gauge inside, same boards. A newer one just had the additional AFCI-Board.
There are the same amount of IGBTs on all boards I´ve got. BUT I was´nt able to get them released off the heatsink, to see if the are the same kind.
A newer one has different power-plug and different manufacturer of capacitors.

Does anyone have experience, what kind of IGBTs Growatt uses or does know, how to remove?

The only difference seems to be in the so called Mode of the inverter.
You can see it on the inverter-display "More Info", in shinephone app or server.growatt.com

It´s divided into 7 parts: S07 B08 D00 T00 P0F U01 M0006 - most of the parts are described here.

Part M is for output section. Readings of different inverter types gives following hex digit results:
M0006 - MIC600, M0007 - MIC750, M000A - MIC1000, M000F - MIC1500, M0014 - MIC2000 - other series inverters seems to have other digits in this part, as you see in the link for the parts above.

It's changeable in different ways:

Shinebus with RS485-adapter - videolink - link to software in the comments under the video.
you need to set the inverter to standby
after that you can change the M-Part under settings
Inverter reboots with the new power-setting

If you have shineWifi and a Growatt-account you can change it by modifying register 121 on server.growatt.com - see the above link under parts. It's the same procedure. But digits have to be decimal. 6 for MIC600, 7 for MIC750, 10 for MIC1000, 15 for MIC1500, 20 for MIC2000.
set register 0 to 0 for standby - then set register 121

At least you can change it with any connected modbus-master - in some case the register may differ by +1 - some master application have different start addresses.

I think you will lose your guarantee by changing this and if you use it connected to the grid it may effect local regulations.
At least I don't know what's inside YOUR or later build inverters - I´ve just teared down my own and do use it off grid.
For now these seem to work with higher output. I don´t know, how long they do.

Hi,

Great informations, thank you, but I'm not sure I understood them correctly:

To transform a MIC600T-LX in a MIC1000 I have simply to:

1. Put register 0 to 0 (to put the Growatt in Standby)
  2. Put register 121 to 10 (it was 6)
  3. Put register 0 to 1 (to restart the Growatt)
Is it right?

Kindly regards!

Thank you!

Now I tried to read register 0 and I got: "Boot", not the expected "1" (for Growatt running):

1680790374598.png

Is this OK?

Hello, what countrycode is set on your device. It does not change the max power on my device. Set to 15 and get message successful but keeps 0.6kw

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420_063752_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230420_063752_com.android.chrome.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hello, what countrycode is set on your device. It does not change the max power on my device. Set to 15 and get message successful but keeps 0.6kw
Don´t forget to reboot.
It takes some time, until you see the modification online. Wifistick pushes data every 5min to the server.

Don´t forget to reboot.
It takes some time, until you see the modification online. Wifistick pushes data every 5min to the server.
I did. But it does display 0,6kw. Doesn't matter it works :) thank you. Awesome

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420_120401_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230420_120401_com.android.chrome.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 65
Hello, are these the correct positions to enter 0-0 /121 - 10 and 0-1?
I want to increase from 600 watts to 800 watts
I am not completely sure.

Thank You :)

Last edited:
Hello, are these the correct positions to enter 0-0 /121 - 10 and 0-1?
I want to increase from 600 watts to 800 watts
I am not completely sure.

Thank You :)
Exactly like you wrote. Don´t forget the ...key to save...
800W doesn't exists - so you have to go to 7 for 750W or 10 for 1000W

Hallo, welcher Ländercode ist auf Ihrem Gerät eingestellt. Es ändert nicht die maximale Leistung auf meinem Gerät. Auf 15 einstellen und Meldung erfolgreich erhalten, aber 0,6 kW behalten
Hallo, würdest du mir bitte einmal auf Deutsch erklären, wie ich es machen kann ?? wenn du mir noch paar bilder machst dann wäre es super !! ich
Ich habe einen Growatt 1000 Watt und würde gerne auf 2000 Watt erhöhen.
danke im voraus !!

Liebe Grüße

Hello,

I did this for increasing to 1000 Watt: 0/0, 121/10, 0/1

The growatt 600 now tries to connect all the time, but can't find the connection and counts again. Status ist: Standby. Its not possible to Connect.
Does anyone have an idea what the problem is, do I still need to reset it somehow?

Greetings
Frankerze

Hello,

I did this for increasing to 1000 Watt: 0/0, 121/10, 0/1

The growatt 600 now tries to connect all the time, but can't find the connection and counts again. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is, do I still need to reset it somehow?

Greetings
Frankerze
It just reconnects all the time, if there is not enough sun.

Hello all,

I have tried to set register 121 at MIC 600 to 15. The web interface reports "Set Parameter Failure".

Has anyone else had this message?

Thank you and best regards

Alfons

Hello all,

I have tried to set register 121 at MIC 600 to 15. The web interface reports "Set Parameter Failure".

Has anyone else had this message?

Thank you and best regards

Alfons
3 steps - please read carefully:

set register 0 to 0 for standby
then set register 121 to what you want
set register 0 to 1 for on

3 steps - please read carefully:

set register 0 to 0 for standby
then set register 121 to what you want
set register 0 to 1 for on
The first step is not a problem. But the second step creates the error.

Hello, I have described me by carelessness during programming some registers with wrong values.

Could someone please write or send me the original values of the holding registers 0 - 124 from the Growatt MIC 600? Then I could compare everything again.

They can all be read out in the web interface with one click.

Many thanks for your help

Back