diy solar

diy solar

Charge 2 Separate Ecoflow Delta Pros with 1 Solar Array?

SolarSunshineSmiles

I have 2 Ecoflow Delta Pro systems in my tiny home.

I've been swapping back and forth the XT60 to MC4 connector between the two units to charge them, and the MC4 side goes to a solar array with 3 Aptos 325 watt panels in series.

Is there a safe way to split the input from the solar array to charge the Delta Pros concurrently or sequentially? I'd prefer not to keep plugging and unplugging the XT60 connector and putting wear and tear on the ports. Thank you for any ideas!

I don't know about essentially putting both Delta Pros simultaneously in parallel with your solar input. Maybe they could tell you how the charge controllers would behave connected that way. They do say that you can pair up two Delta Pros using their Double Voltage Hub or their Smart Home Panel. Then the question is would they, once paired up, both get charged if only one of them was connected to a solar array?

But how about a DC switch that had connections from the two Delta units and a connection to the array, and you could select which unit the array input was going to at a given time without plugging and unplugging. Position 1 for the first Delta, Postion 2 for the second Delta, and OFF (array disconnected). You'd have to make a few MC4 pigtails to connect to the switch to accept the array input and the two outputs.

Something like this:

I've looked at the double voltage hub where you can pair two Delta Pros but that makes an output voltage o: 200–240V∿ 50Hz/60Hz, whereas all the appliances in my tiny home are 120v. There's no way (that I know of) to use the double voltage hub to draw power from two Delta Pros @ 120v.

Thank you for your idea of the switch to swap between the units. It isn't an automatic setup, but it certainly would be better than manually plugging and unplugging. If I can't find an automatic solution, that will be the route I'll go!

Yeah I thought maybe the hub provided some additional smarts in connecting the two Delta Pros together, in addition to giving you the 240v output option.

An Ecoflow blog does contain this statement, from https://blog.ecoflow.com/us/taking-a-closer-look-at-delta-pro/

----
Infinity Port
We came up with this port because we needed something that was as smart as a USB with the power of AC. Why? It lets DELTA Pro connect to another DELTA Pro or to the Smart Home Panel for home integration.
----

Note the "or".

So, that seems to say that a Delta Pro can be connected to another Delta Pro via the Infinity Port on each unit. My question to Ecoflow would be, does that connection make the second Delta Pro function as an Ecoflow Extra Battery that happens to have its own inverter. If so, then the array could be connected to the first Delta Pro with the Infinity cable connecting to the second Delta Pro, and both batteries would be charged and maintained. OR, can a Delta Pro be connected to a second Delta Pro via their Extra Battery cable and get that function.

Last edited:
So, that seems to say that a Delta Pro can be connected to another Delta Pro via the Infinity Port on each unit. My question to Ecoflow would be, does that connection make the second Delta Pro function as an Ecoflow Extra Battery that happens to have its own inverter. If so, then the array could be connected to the first Delta Pro with the Infinity cable connecting to the second Delta Pro, and both batteries would be charged and maintained. OR, can a Delta Pro be connected to a second Delta Pro via their Extra Battery cable and get that function.
I also would be interested to know if this is a possibility.

I have 2 Ecoflow Delta Pro systems in my tiny home.

I've been swapping back and forth the XT60 to MC4 connector between the two units to charge them, and the MC4 side goes to a solar array with 3 Aptos 325 watt panels in series.

Is there a safe way to split the input from the solar array to charge the Delta Pros concurrently or sequentially? I'd prefer not to keep plugging and unplugging the XT60 connector and putting wear and tear on the ports. Thank you for any ideas!
Buy another panel and split the array or a large enough relay (with NO and NC) to handle your V&A and automate. Every time I have tried to split solar input to multiple MPPT controllers. They end up just fighting each other for the Max Point. They will just oscillate back and forth and you will loose power in the process.

In paired 240mode, you still have two 120V outputs, just they are synced 180 degrees apart.
It would be simple enough to use it this way and route the outputs to your 120V loads.

I don't know about essentially putting both Delta Pros simultaneously in parallel with your solar input. Maybe they could tell you how the charge controllers would behave connected that way. They do say that you can pair up two Delta Pros using their Double Voltage Hub or their Smart Home Panel. Then the question is would they, once paired up, both get charged if only one of them was connected to a solar array?

But how about a DC switch that had connections from the two Delta units and a connection to the array, and you could select which unit the array input was going to at a given time without plugging and unplugging. Position 1 for the first Delta, Postion 2 for the second Delta, and OFF (array disconnected). You'd have to make a few MC4 pigtails to connect to the switch to accept the array input and the two outputs.

Something like this:
Hello, I took your advice and ordered this switch, I am not much of an electrician and wondered if you could help me on how to wire it as it has no instructions. Thank you for any help you could provide. Dennis

ECOFLOW, for all their magic, smoke and mirrors probably shouldn't be able to share one string of solar panels just like all in one or discrete scc's don't do.

Last edited:
Last edited:
ECOFLOW, for all their magic, smoke and mirrors probably shouldn't be able to share one string of solar panels just like all in one or discrete scc's do
Which All in Ones or Solar Charge Controllers allow sharing of a single string of solar panels? However with the switch listed above, any device would be able to share, just like if you unplugged one device and replugged the solar panels into the other device.

Back in October I copied/pasted the wrong link after looking at both switches from windandsolar.com, sorry.
Hopefully ecoflow2960 figured that out before ordering.....

Which All in Ones or Solar Charge Controllers allow sharing of a single string of solar panels? However with the switch listed above, any device would be able to share, just like if you unplugged one device and replugged the solar panels into the other device.

Hopefully ecoflow2960 figured that out before ordering.....
None, switches don't really allow a connection charging simultaneously. Yes, either switches, plugs or undoing and reconnecting wires.

No magic

Why not charge the second unit off the first unit [using AC or DC, whatever is available]? I charge my Bluetti EB70 from my larger AC300. With PV fueling the AC300, it's essentially pass-through with no rewiring, panels, switching, etc. in place. I can also add a smart outlet to the AC300 to control AC output to the smaller units if I wanted.

I'm pretty sure you can do something similar with the Deltas.

Okay, I was feeling froggy today and hooked up Two Ecoflow Delta Pros to one String of six 250w solar panels.
The panels were in the 3S2P figuration, The Deltas are hooked up with a two to one MC4 connector. And it is working! Kinda!
I use both with a SHP daily to power 10 circuits for Freezers, frig, Sump pump, well, ect.. 12 hours a day.
One Delta was showing 41w input and the other 1009w at first, Then as the one with the higher voltage got to 95% it changed and the first went to 941w input with the second at 0w. after running more now the first is at 120w input and the second is 800w input.
I am having some clouds roll by today. Both deltas are hovering around 91% and are getting 0w input. after dropping to 88% each the input was switching back and forth between the two with 200w for 20 seconds then to the other. I switched back to each with it's own string and am getting approx. 1000w into each.
So in my final conclusion I am going back to a separate string for each Delta Pro. It works, but not well.
I had to know and I wanted to share. Love this forum, I am learning a lot.

Okay, I was feeling froggy today and hooked up Two Ecoflow Delta Pros to one String of six 250w solar panels.
The panels were in the 3S2P figuration, The Deltas are hooked up with a two to one MC4 connector. And it is working! Kinda!
I use both with a SHP daily to power 10 circuits for Freezers, frig, Sump pump, well, ect.. 12 hours a day.
One Delta was showing 41w input and the other 1009w at first, Then as the one with the higher voltage got to 95% it changed and the first went to 941w input with the second at 0w. after running more now the first is at 120w input and the second is 800w input.
I am having some clouds roll by today. Both deltas are hovering around 91% and are getting 0w input. after dropping to 88% each the input was switching back and forth between the two with 200w for 20 seconds then to the other. I switched back to each with it's own string and am getting approx. 1000w into each.
So in my final conclusion I am going back to a separate string for each Delta Pro. It works, but not well.
I had to know and I wanted to share. Love this forum, I am learning a lot.
Nice to hear! I have multiple EF units at my house each powering a circuit and each with their own string but some strings get more sun late in the day due to the position whereas other strings are shaded as the sun drops. I was hoping to just put them all into S/P and output to a 4-1 to 1-4 splitter to each unit and hopefully they would work out the charging amongst themselves.

Waking up an old thread...I've been wondering the same thing (how to temporarily charge two sets of DELTA Pros with Extra Batteries hooked up to a Smart Home Panel from one solar array). Until I install permanent solar arrays on the roof (one array for each DP) I'm using panels in the yard in series plugged into one DP and then the other, manually moving the XT60i cable from the back of one DP to the other. @Altitudinous idea seems good for now (a DC switch). However, the link suggested above (https://windandsolar.com/dc-switch-for-multiple-battery-banks-and-power-sources/) is for a switch rated "up to 48 volts DC." Would this work with the up to 150V from a solar array the DP can handle? I've been unable to find anything else that seems appropriate so I'm tempted to order this switch. Just unsure about how the specs match up.

Back