diy solar

diy solar

Charge controller troubles

This is what would worry me.

"pv-ovp" fault sounds like you're close to blowing up the controller. Disconnect PV panels, measure voltage from panels, confirm configuration (is it 2s2p, or is it 4s?)

Data sheet or label for the panels?
This is what would worry me.

"pv-ovp" fault sounds like you're close to blowing up the controller. Disconnect PV panels, measure voltage from panels, confirm configuration (is it 2s2p, or is it 4s?)

Data sheet or label for the panels?

Wiring diagram or photo of cables connecting panels
Wiring diagram or photo of cables connecting panels?
I will have to get panel specs in the daylight tomorrow. They are hooked up in 2s2p configuration just like my 4 six volt batteries. I realize now that this is wrong. First thing tomorrow I will be hooking up batteries in series

I will have to get panel specs in the daylight tomorrow. They are hooked up in 2s2p configuration just like my 4 six volt batteries. I realize now that this is wrong. First thing tomorrow I will be hooking up batteries in series

The battery being 12V explains the 800W limit. Once you re-wire for 24V, you'll be able to charge with up to 2X the power.

This is a great forum. I appreciate the help and I will let you know how I make out

I hooked my batteries in series

Attachments

• 20211106_113555.jpg
    20211106_113555.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7
And 75.3V from PV appears to match 2s2p you said for panel wiring, assuming "24V" panels.
So no apparent reason why it would have said "over voltage"

And 75.3V from PV appears to match 2s2p you said for panel wiring, assuming "24V" panels.
So no apparent reason why it would have said "over voltage"
I had my batteries in 12volt configuration before

Back