diy solar

diy solar

Charge Controller

Eams

I'm trying to finalize some purchases. Some charge controllers (and controller inverters) have DC output terminals in addition to battery and PV. Is there any real advantage to this vs connecting directly to the batteries. I'm guessing it would monitor DC output loads better, but more importantly it would avoid passing electrons through the batteries which should increase their life?

but more importantly it would avoid passing electrons through the batteries which should increase their life?
I would be more concerned with decreasing the life of the electronics in your charge controller. Also, be sure to check the max load ability on your charge controller, they are often made for very low amp uses. It would be a shame to kill a charge controller doing something that a battery is purposely made to do.

And, the electrons are likely not “passing through” the battery if you are consuming the energy as your charge controller is producing.

I missed it before. Thank you!!! The loads are essentially in parallel with the batteries & controller, so really, it should not be an issue at all like you said. Truly a beginners corner over here. I will avoid loading my controller with demands and keep it simple.

Back