diy solar

diy solar

charge current control setting for inverter

Matt3

I have a split phase 24v 6000w sungold power inverter. (6) HQST 200w mono solar panels (3)s (2)p. I checked the panels and there output is fine on each panel. I have (4) weize 12v 200ah lifepo4 all new and were fully charged before installed. The batteries are made into a 24v 400ah system. You can see pictured my aims 60amp charge controller and my user charge settings. Also pictured is what the inverter c.c.c. dial is set to. This system runs a 1/2 hp jet pump that fills my water storage pressure tank for house pressure all in perfect working condition and a 3/4 hp motor to fill my well storage tank that the jet pump draws from which also works fine. I live alone, so these units dont run much so my inverter really isnt working too often. My problem is that my inverter keeps shutting off at full charge and especially on really sunny days. It doesn't take long to shut off either. I thought maybe because it was idle for so long it shut off but it happens very quickly on a sunny day. I was wondering if my settings were to blame.

here are pics. I forgot to put them in the original thread

Attachments

• 20230305_102831.jpg
    20230305_102831.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230305_102819.jpg
    20230305_102819.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230305_102800.jpg
    20230305_102800.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 12
It looks like you have "CCC" set to 75%. What does this do?
If that means charge to 75% full, it seems to be functioning about right.

I cannot see but will assume battery type 7 = user.

My problem is that my inverter keeps shutting off at full charge and especially on really sunny days.
Do you mean it stops inverting (inverting 24V DC to 120V AC)?
Or it stops charging?

Just a guess, based on your symptoms, (your inverter shutting down at max charge and full sunlight) It may be due to high voltage from your Aim"s SCC exceeding the voltage for the inverter. Try dropping the Bulk value to 28.0v. BTW you should not be running any equalization voltage.

stops inverting
It looks like you have "CCC" set to 75%. What does this do?
If that means charge to 75% full, it seems to be functioning about right.

I cannot see but will assume battery type 7 = user.

Do you mean it stops inverting (inverting 24V DC to 120V AC)?
Or it stops charging?

Just a guess, based on your symptoms, (your inverter shutting down at max charge and full sunlight) It may be due to high voltage from your Aim"s SCC exceeding the voltage for the inverter. Try dropping the Bulk value to 28.0v. BTW you should not be running any equalization voltage.
what is equalization voltage

I turned bulk down to 14v, turned off equalization voltage, raised the c.c.c. to 100% as it was at the lowest setting of 20%. So far here in Southern Louisiana on a full day of sun it has been good for 15 min. I will report back later. thanks for help so far

Checking back in and letting everyone know that the inverter has not stopped inverting since I made changes to the parameters on the charge controller of changing the bulk charge to 14v, turning off equalization voltage and moving the c.c.c. dial on the the inverter to 100%. I'm not sure which one was the culprit, if not all of them, but my inverter has never run this long without shutting down. I'm assuming it was an overvoltage and the inverter recognized the problem and would shut itself down. I appreciate everyone's help in this matter.

Thanks for getting back on this. Way too many folks just never report if something suggested helped or not.

Back