diy solar

diy solar

charge lithium batteries ONLY from RV Generator

I'm here to tempt you. Stop by any time. You could probably get it ordered and installed by this Saturday. :)

Initially, it was all temporary for me. I had a 60A SCC, 2000W/24V inverter and 4X 330W solar panels and 2X Fullriver DC215-12V that I transported inside the RV. About 30 minutes to unbox and setup. I just plugged the umbilical into the inverter and charged with solar.

ha, this is true, very true.

Hey you gotta do what you gotta do! It's all part of the fun, and now look at you! much better setup! So you can appreciate it more

Indeed. I'm my own damn power company!

Funny-ish story...

Sometimes the ability to monitor and log one's system remotely clues one into things that turn into time dumps...

This morning at 4:22am, I saw a 1247W load for about 5 minutes. WTF?

1606891586807.png
I figured it was just a glitch, but the inverter (the above two charts), SCC and battery monitor all registered the event with the same changes in voltage and/or current, so I couldn't chalk it up to a glitch of some kind.

Was bouncing it off my neighbor via email and then I realized... "DUMMY! You left the air compressor on, and you probably didn't set the regulator to zero!" Sure enough, I checked the last known time I ran it right before we left on Sunday... within 50W, and that's about how much my continuous "idle" load is. Looks like it will be turning on about every 36 hours. :)

I think I killed an hour on it... Ignorance would have been better. :)

Indeed. I'm my own damn power company!

Funny-ish story...

Sometimes the ability to monitor and log one's system remotely clues one into things that turn into time dumps...

This morning at 4:22am, I saw a 1247W load for about 5 minutes. WTF?

View attachment 29096
I figured it was just a glitch, but the inverter (the above two charts), SCC and battery monitor all registered the event with the same changes in voltage and/or current, so I couldn't chalk it up to a glitch of some kind.

Was bouncing it off my neighbor via email and then I realized... "DUMMY! You left the air compressor on, and you probably didn't set the regulator to zero!" Sure enough, I checked the last known time I ran it right before we left on Sunday... within 50W, and that's about how much my continuous "idle" load is. Looks like it will be turning on about every 36 hours. :)

I think I killed an hour on it... Ignorance would have been better. :)
ha! good story. I've been there before (similar situations of course). Those are the fun stories in retrospect though haha

Back