diy solar

diy solar

Charge Your Bluetti EB150/EB240 From AC In Half The Time It Took Out Of The Box!

Sun Tzu

In September, the AC charger for my Bluetti EB150 came up missing. I contacted Maxoak to buy a replacement. They wanted $35.00. I asked them if the EB150 could be charged with the AC200 charger and they said, "Yes, it's $45.00, via Paypal, and does not include the XT90 connector." I placed my order on November 12th and received it December 17th.

Here's some pics of the charger and the XT90 connector they said "was not included." The charger is 9"L x 4" W x 2.5" H and weighs 3lb 12oz.

20201217_122853.jpg

20201217_122912.jpg

My battery was near full charge when I plugged in my kitchen fridge and ran 1000W out of it. I had one bar left on the battery icon when I began recharging the unit. With inverter loss it was probably closer to 1150w from the battery. The recharge rate started at 395W and throttled up to 432W, where it stayed for most all of the charge cycle (Sorry, didn't get a pic of it at 432W).

20201218_210537.jpg

In the pics below, you will see the battery icon displaying different levels. As the Bluetti charges the segments/bars on the battery icon will light from bottom to top. Depending on when the shutter on my camera clicked is the battery level you see displayed in the pic.

Note: Near the end of the charging cycle, what I believe to be is the last 10% of battery, the Bluetti will throttle down the charge rate. I'm guessing that's to trickle charge that last 10%. The charge rate went from 432W down to 30W before the unit shut off and the indicator light on the charger went from red to green indicating the unit was fully charged. Sorry, I didn't get a pic of it down at 30W but, you can get the idea from the pics I did take.

20201219_002708_Burst01.jpg

20201219_002947.jpg

20201219_004446.jpg

20201219_004459.jpg

My recharge time was just under 5 hours. That last 10% of battery took about 40 minutes alone. Do I think it's worth the $45.00 I spent to cut my AC charging time in half? ABSOLUTELY!

As Murphy's Law would dictate, I found my original AC charger the day after I received the replacement. I took it and the Bluetti out to my camper in July and forgot to bring the charger back into the house. Oh well, I have something planned for that little charger.

Last edited:
Wow that is great price. They show that charger now at $139.00 which i think is very pricey. I would love to get that charger for $45, is that still possible?

Wow that is great price. They show that charger now at $139.00 which i think is very pricey. I would love to get that charger for $45, is that still possible?
As far as I know it's still possible. I told them I lost my original charger. They quoted me $35.00. When I asked if the AC200 charger would work they told me "yes" and quoted me $45.00 for that one.

Here's what I did and recommend you do too.........

1. Contact them, via support message, from the Maxoak website: https://www.maxoak.net/pages/contact Tell them you want to order the AC200 AC Adapter and verify the price with them. They quoted me $45.00.

2. They should email you back and direct you to make payment via their Paypal account.

3. After you make payment they'll want you to email them back with the following info:
a.) Paypal Transaction ID number.
b.) Screenshot of your payment.
c.) Your full shipping address and phone number.

They should email you back with a confirmation on the shipping and a tracking number but, if you don't hear back in a day or two, email them back to make sure they're on it. They told me they had to ship the adapter from their factory (China) as it wasn't available in their US warehouse. Be patient, mine took 5 weeks for delivery but, I was not in a hurry anyway.

If you order let us know how it went.

Last edited:
As far as I know it's still possible. I told them I lost my original charger then asked if the AC200 charger would work.

1. Contact them, via support message, from the Maxoak website: https://www.maxoak.net/pages/contact Tell them you want to order the AC200 AC Adapter and verify the price with them. They quoted me $45.00.

2. They should email you back and direct you to make payment via their Paypal account.

3. After you make payment they'll want you to email them back with the following info:

They should email you back with a confirmation on the shipping and a tracking number but, if you don't hear back in a day or two, email them back to make sure they're on it. They told me they had to ship the adapter from their factory (China) as it wasn't available in their US warehouse. Be patient, mine took 5 weeks for delivery but, I was not in a hurry anyway.

Thank you very much.

As far as I know it's still possible. I told them I lost my original charger. They quoted me $35.00. When I asked if the AC200 charger would work they told me "yes" and quoted me $45.00 for that one.

I submitted the request. We'll see.

Maxoak replied quickly. Not available for at least 4 weeks. No commitment beyond that.

I wonder if they're out of stock due to filling orders for the AC200 and I was lucky to get one slipped in. Are you going to wait a month and try again? If so, let us know what happens.

I wonder if they're out of stock due to filling orders for the AC200 and I was lucky to get one slipped in. Are you going to wait a month and try again? If so, let us know what happens.
Yes I plan to wait, not sure what else I can do. They seem to be running out of many things, good problem to have I guess unless u r the customer. I think its good idea to have a replacement just in case plus it can be used as additional input. I think the Christmas sale is what caused extra demand.

I might check back in two weeks just in case.

Yes I plan to wait, not sure what else I can do. They seem to be running out of many things, good problem to have I guess unless u r the customer. I think its good idea to have a replacement just in case plus it can be used as additional input. I think the Christmas sale is what caused extra demand.

I might check back in two weeks just in case.
Were you finally able to order one?

Finally got all the accessory cables, last one showed up today.

Also the AC adapter became available again. They are indeed $139.99 + tax. I asked but they said they have very small margin on the adapter so it is what it is. No clue how long shipping will take. Once it arrives them think i have all i need atcthe moment (except would like another portable panels so i can have maybe 300w input on a good day.

Anyway just providing update

Finally got all the accessory cables, last one showed up today.

Also the AC adapter became available again. They are indeed $139.99 + tax. I asked but they said they have very small margin on the adapter so it is what it is. No clue how long shipping will take. Once it arrives them think i have all i need atcthe moment (except would like another portable panels so i can have maybe 300w input on a good day.

Anyway just providing update
Thanks for the update. I guess I was blessed to get mine for $45.00.

I ended up buying a 230W HP laptop ac adaptor off eBay I cut off the HP barrel adapter and replaced it with an Anderson powerpole connector that connects to my EB150 with the included Anderson to 8mm barrel adapter. It's not 400W, but it only cost $18, and does speed up the time to charge over the stock 160W adapter.

I also use it with a Bluetti AC50S that can charge at 120W (vs 80W stock adapter) with the HP adapter.

That's great! 230w for the EB150 is better than the stock 165w for sure.

I'm curious....

1.) I'm guessing you have an Anderson to 8mm adapter that you connect to the Anderson on your charger?
2.) With the charger, Anderson to 8mm adapter, and Anderson plug on the charger your probably about $35?
3.) Does the EB150 throttle down and trickle charge the last 10% of battery as it does with my AC200 charger?

Thanks in advance

Hey Sun, sorry for the late reply.
So yes, I did have an Anderson to 8mm adapter already. I thought it came with my EB150, but I might be wrong. You can find plenty of them on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=anderson+to+8mm+adapter+connector

As for charging, the EB150 has its own MPPT charge controller built in that actually controls the charging stages (bulk, absorption, float). So as long as it is provided with a usable current it works the same whether that current is from an ac adapter or solar panels, etc.

What I ended up doing was buying three of those HP AC adapters and connecting them in series. This gives me about 56v going into the EB150 (which can take a max of 60v). So now I'm able to charge at 542W. Which is about as fast as the EB150 is capable of. Here's some pictures showing my current setup. So total I spent about $65 for those 3 adapters from eBay. I already had the tools/parts I needed to create the anderson connections. Which if you get into solar and batteries much, getting an anderson toolkit is really nice. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Attachments

• IMG-5272.jpg
    IMG-5272.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-5269.jpg
    IMG-5269.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-5268.jpg
    IMG-5268.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 16
Back