diy solar

diy solar

Chargery BMS Cell Readings Inaccuracy. Should I be concerned?

Shortly after I found the voltage issues the main unit's ARM processor failed turning into a heater. As you may imagine my trust of the unit was.... well you know. I went with Dacian's ElectroDacus SBMS0 along with his DEXT16 and 3 DSSR20's in PV1-PV2 configuration. Dacian's ability to assist with issues is stellar.

Hi Grizz,
Thank you.
I remember being impressed with Dacian's product. But the system architect was very different, if I remember right.
Was this due to the system also being the Solar charge controller? I forget. My panels are wired in series and have a nice SCC.
Maybe I could use Dacian, still.
Doug

Yes Doug that is what the DSSR20's do. You can also control SCC's directly if equipped to be controlled or controlling the solar input to the SCC. There is great info in the resources section of this forum and a very long thread about the SBMS0 in the BMS section if interested.

Thank you. I looked at their schematics. It does seem I'd have to re-wire my panels in parallel vs. series. From what I'm seeing, they don't accommodate 100V open from panels.
I wonder if I could just use it as BMS-only and have the external output control my contactor?

If you put a contactor on the side of the solar input you could use the the SBMS0 to control charging while in series. What SCC are you using? I have a contactor that ties to the RV system. So yes you could.

If you put a contactor on the side of the solar input you could use the the SBMS0 to control charging while in series. What SCC are you using? I have a contactor that ties to the RV system. So yes you could.
Thank you. I have Magnum PT100. It is a stout unit. And can be setup standalone.
I am going to see if it has a BMS input to stop charging.
Like most RV systems, I have one contactor separating the battery for charging and 12V and inverter loads. Of course, the inverter is also a charger.
That's why I liked Chargery. But I have lost faith after reading all the issues cited here.

Doug

Back