diy solar

diy solar

Chargery BMS News / UPDATE (Nov.25.2020) Ver 4.02 firmware

Thanks again. The Comms may not be such an issue for me as as I anticipate setting up and leaving. Is there a way of displaying the RS232 data outside the supplied control unit?
Apologies but a bit of thread drift here - I have just looked at your set up. I will be using 2x280Ah packs in parallel with (perhaps) 2 BMS8Ts. Have you ever had packs at different SOC when re-connecting, perhaps after a BMS disconnect event? I have a nagging fear that the currents whipping between packs can cause over current disconnect in the on load pack?

Well I can't really say too much more than what has already been stated by Jason with regards to the "P" series.
Active Balancing, RS232/485/CanBus comms, better UI, still uses external DCC (Relay/Contactor).
Jason has been beating on the test models, busting them and improving them and now in final stages.
A LOT of input / suggestions taken from us here and incorporated into the new version.
I have not seen any docs or anything, I dunno what Jason is decided to with the docs, I would have edited them as well but he hasn't sent me anything so I dunno. I redid some of manuals but gave up when given incomplete info which then changed without my knowledge so I could not update and then I got CRAPPED on for docs being out of whack.

Considering the new DCC Manual is such a bodged up mess of contradiction, I'm staying out of it, unless asked and provided with all the correct info.

Is their any pics of how to set up these units like if I'm supposed to use a DC contacter with each BMS or leave them off? Have some type of breaker on the postive? Or use it on the negative? what kind? I have 4 of the battery disconnect knobs already, but need some kind of breaker to trip in case something happens.

I'm thinking of making a copper plate where all 4 of the battery banks connect to it and all 4 of the hybrid inverters connected to the plate to charge them and take power from.

Thanks

sorry, forget the last video, here is
thanks

@2:06 mark in this video he is plugging something into the BMS that connects it to the computer. What is he using? I've checked all 4 of my BMS boxes and none of them have this cord in them.

Well their is one that says COM 1 and I've noticed people on here talking about which COM port on the computer

COM1 on the BMS can be used to control a charger. It is possible to read other data off the Chargery if you know what you're doing.. but out of the box, the USB is just for software updates and COM2 is for connecting the display.

I don't know about you guys but I can't find the chargery on my computer. I will plug it up and the chargery lights up and says version 4.02 on the newest unit I have. The computer will make a sound saying something was plugged into the computer via USB but I cannot find it like I can with a external harddrive.

I've clicked all kinds of stuff on my computer which is probably 10 yrs old. Ive found something but says can't find the driver. I took some pics.
Last pic is when I hit properties

20210214_100045.jpg20210214_100240.jpg20210214_100356.jpg20210214_100446.jpg

It looks like you need to use the Driver Installation to install the proper USB-RS232 interface driver.
You may need to uninstall any existing drivers that may be interfering.
Some devices use other drivers which can "stomp" over the USB-RS.
Midnite Solar's USB Driver for their classic controllers is one such nasty beast. Took me 2 hours to chase that down way back when.

Problem is I have to go someplace for the internet. I don't have any at my place, I'm not a computer whiz either.

Do you have the update instructions?
My computer assigned a com port to the Chargery as it should, so I didn't have to do the driver update.

Do you have the update instructions?
My computer assigned a com port to the Chargery as it should, so I didn't have to do the driver update.
Well to you a com port is easy to find. For me it isnt, no clue where it is at. And ya chargery put a video up a few posts back.

You have to use DEVICE MANAGER to find the comm port .... I think that is covered in the update manual along with how to install the driver.
I can do it on my computer, but I don't think I can you you with yours .... What OS is it? 95, 98, Win7, Win10? Windows has gotten better at finding drivers on it's own with the newer versions.

You have to use DEVICE MANAGER to find the comm port .... I think that is covered in the update manual along with how to install the driver.
I can do it on my computer, but I don't think I can you you with yours .... What OS is it? 95, 98, Win7, Win10? Windows has gotten better at finding drivers on it's own with the newer versions.

It is at least a 10 yr old computer. I think I'm going to have to use another one. I dont have internet at my place but have to go somewhere that has it.

It is at least a 10 yr old computer. I think I'm going to have to use another one. I dont have internet at my place but have to go somewhere that has it.
Maybe a friend .... or one of your kids ;) That can help out? That 2nd part was kind a joke .... but sometimes the kids are ahead of us on some of this stuff.

I don't know about you guys but I can't find the chargery on my computer. I will plug it up and the chargery lights up and says version 4.02 on the newest unit I have. The computer will make a sound saying something was plugged into the computer via USB but I cannot find it like I can with a external harddrive.

I've clicked all kinds of stuff on my computer which is probably 10 yrs old. Ive found something but says can't find the driver. I took some pics.
Last pic is when I hit properties
I think you may need to obtain some expert help with this windows driver issue if you can't resolve it yourself. I'm not in a position to provide this to you, only to offer my own experience...
I initially had some trouble getting the drivers to work on an offline computer. Others said their drivers were installed automatically (my guess is through windows update or similar), but I was unable to do that. I ended up installing the drivers manually and Jason (and/or Steve!) ended up adding this information to the user manual for others to follow, which was great.
Have a look at this post and a number of others before and after, and see if this helps you:
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/chargery-bms-now-with-low-temp-cutoff.3153/post-90360

Last edited:
Back