diy solar

diy solar

Chargery BMS now with Low Temp Cutoff

Sorry, you are absolutely right. This thread "Low Temp Cutoff" was finished after the first couple of pages. The thread should be closed and new topics started regarding Chargery issues. None of this relates to low temp cutoff.

Sorry, you are absolutely right. This thread "Low Temp Cutoff" was finished after the first couple of pages. The thread should be closed and new topics started regarding Chargery issues. None of this relates to low temp cutoff.
I Disagree, The thread should continue. as it is a evolving BMS

If you want, you can make this into an endless thread. Important info will get lost in the mix. If there are important issues then it's simple to open a new thread.

I'll refrain from discussing any issues here that are not related to low temp cutoff. Therefore, these are my last comments here.

If you want, you can make this into an endless thread. Important info will get lost in the mix. If there are important issues then it's simple to open a new thread.

I'll refrain from discussing any issues here that are not related to low temp cutoff. Therefore, these are my last comments here.
This thread is about the Charger BMS which has Low Temp cut-off (it did not before got into extended discussion with Jason @ Chargery) and once that was done I started this thread to discuss the Chargery BMS'. This thread produced many points, issues & quirks which people highlighted, which in turn was provided to Jason in a "Readers Digest" format and Chargery has addressed several points which is coming in the new firmware versions.

Bottom Line: The thread concentrating on the one product many of us use has resulted in a benefit to us the users of these BMS' but also helped the company improve a good product making it better. I would call that a WIN for everyone. In fact Jason has tried to follow this thread but it wanders too much and is confusing at times.

So let us all play nice and keep the thread intact and on topic. It's fairly obvious that a good thread can result in "Goodness for everyone" when a manufacturer listens and HEARS what clients are saying and they adapt / modify according to client / customer input.

BTW: How often do you come across a company that listens and HEARS what customers are saying these days ? and if you do, just how responsie are they ? NOT Many anymore !

who cannot wait for the update, it is already available at the chargery webpage! :)

If anyone can please suggest how Windows 10 might recognize via USB the BMS, I'd be grateful.

Should I install manually the USB driver? The update instructions were a little confusing for me here. I read a note saying to manually install. And one stating it wasn't necessary with the latest update tool.
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 11.48.33 PM.png

If anyone can please suggest how Windows 10 might recognize via USB the BMS, I'd be grateful.

Should I install manually the USB driver? The update instructions were a little confusing for me here. I read a note saying to manually install. And one stating it wasn't necessary with the latest update tool.
View attachment 15149
hello, every one! sorry for delay update, thanks for your patience, today all BMS models is update to V4.0. first the BMS model is listed as below:

BMS8T-100 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS8T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0
BMS8T-300 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS8T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0
BMS8T-600 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS8T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0.

BMS16T-100 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS16T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0
BMS16T-300 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS16T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0
BMS16T-600 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS16T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0.

BMS24T-100 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS24T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0
BMS24T-300 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS24T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0
BMS24T-600 main unit is updated to V4.0, fit with BMS24T LCD unit that is updated to V4.0.

the BMS main unit and LCD unit must be updated to v4.0, because the main unit V4.0 cannot communicate with other lower version LCD unit.
when update main uint and LCD unit, need not install USB driver. only older BMS24T without COM3 port need install USB driver because it has different hardware design, but it can not be updated to V4.0,
please down load the detailed update instructions .
Firmware v4.0 is the latest version, add some new features as below,
  1. Improve the SOC---based on battery power charged in and discharged out
  2. Add WH setup,
  3. Add each cell internal resistance measurement
  4. Add WH, AH and cell internal resistance send out.
  5. Add balancing indicator
new manuals is here, BMS8T manual V4.1, BMS16T manual V4.1, BMS24T manual V4.1 after Steve review and edit, i will release all again

The yellow bar showed after voltage indicate which cell is in balancing
BalancingAtStorages.jpg

measure cell impedance (internal resistance) when discharging or in charging
RAT-3As.jpg

SOC calibration, 16S LiPo battery, setup 10Ah and 592Wh(3.7816*10)and charge to 4.2V per cell finish SOC calibration.
SOC100s.jpg

any problems please send me an email at jasonwang3a@163.com, thanks.

View attachment 15149
did you figure this out make sure you have updater version 1.03

when BMS8T, 16T and 24T turned on, and connect to PC by USB data cable, the PC can identify the BMS and show the COM port on device manager, as below, on my PC, it is COM3. So need not install any USB driver.
.com3port.jpg

So I can update up to newest v4 from what previous version/or lowest one?

i updated - SOC was 95%
after update LIPO - changed back to LIFE
SOC now 0%/low
AH is 2812 - was 280 - changed back, but display still wrong
Battery Power WH is -1 - can only go down, up arrow doesn't work

Attachments

• 20200611_141123[1].jpg
    20200611_141123[1].jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 8
I am wondering why there exists different versions for different shunts (BMS8-100, BMS8-300, BMS8-500). Is this just because of the shunt default settings? I am using a third-party shunt and it would be great if somebody know if I just callibrate my shunt as always and then I am fine? Why are there different shunt versions? - Thank you!

I am wondering why there exists different versions for different shunts (BMS8-100, BMS8-300, BMS8-500). Is this just because of the shunt default settings? I am using a third-party shunt and it would be great if somebody know if I just callibrate my shunt as always and then I am fine? Why are there different shunt versions? - Thank you!
I do not know the actual difference in versions except that a 100amp version will not let you set the over current higher than 100amp and 300 amps for the 300 versions. Other than that I can find no difference. But it will not let you put 300amp firmware on 100 amp device

You select the shunt value according to the capacity of your battery pack / bank.

I'm hoping it didn't overwrite my shunt calibration, I have the deltec 500A/50ma shunt. Hopefully battery back in the rv tomorrow for more testing

i updated - SOC was 95%
after update LIPO - changed back to LIFE
SOC now 0%/low
AH is 2812 - was 280 - changed back, but display still wrong
Battery Power WH is -1 - can only go down, up arrow doesn't work
first update main unit and LCD unit to V4.0, the BMS all parameters must resume default, so the WH and AH can be setup.
please down load update instructions and read carefully before update.

Resume default.png
if change battery type, the AH, WH must be set up again.

thanks.

when change shunt, the current must be calibrated again, when calibrate again, the charge current and discharge current must be stable and accurate, such as if charge current setting is 30A ( on Program setup, current calibration setting is 30A), the actual charge current must be 30A that must be measured by high accuracy current meter and confirm it is 30A NOT 29.8A or 30.1A. if it is 30.1A, BMS will make the 30.1A as 30A reference, so the current reading will not be accurate.
in fact, during current calibration, the current setting must be same as actual charging or discharging current,
when calibrate charge current, the charger must work on CC (constant current) mode. so the current can keep stable basically.
when calibrate discharge current, the load must be CC discharge the battery, but it is very difficult to do it. because discharge current depend on load. if use electric load, and set the discharge current such as 30A, the electric load can make the discharge current is 30A and don't change.

if have not guarantee stable charge and discharge current, current calibration don't be suggested. we calibrate shunt and current before delivery.
if the current is not accurate, the WH and AH will be not accurate. SOC reading will be wrong.

thanks.

Back