diy solar

diy solar

Charging big battery.

wmswall

So I recently bought the 48v “powerwall” from BigBattery. My MPP controller likely won’t be here for a month. It is now at 55% charge. Any recommendations on charging it in the meantime would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for Your time.

Hello, I'm very new to solar system but I need to have one for my son's window type AC for summer and portable heater on winter due to his room being on top of our garage which is insulated but my house unit is not enough to keep room temp comfortable. I live in Ohio so you can imagine what kind of weather we have. I have purchased 400 watt hqst panels and planning on getting 48v Li-ion powerwall from bigbattery.com. The problem is the charge controller. It's been hard to find 48v mppt and the growatt 48v system is on a waiting list right now. Is there any other brand that are similar to these 2 that are available right now for purchase?

Thanks in advance to you guys.

JunV

I’ve been looking at the BIg Battery 48v powerwall for a while now. At 3.8kWh compared to 2- 24v battle borns 2400wh(original plan), not sure why I shouldn’t switch.

Maybe LiFePo4 that much better than Li-ion?

I’m a noob so I might be missing something.

Hello, I'm very new to solar system but I need to have one for my son's window type AC for summer and portable heater on winter due to his room being on top of our garage which is insulated but my house unit is not enough to keep room temp comfortable. I live in Ohio so you can imagine what kind of weather we have. I have purchased 400 watt hqst panels and planning on getting 48v Li-ion powerwall from bigbattery.com. The problem is the charge controller. It's been hard to find 48v mppt and the growatt 48v system is on a waiting list right now. Is there any other brand that are similar to these 2 that are available right now for purchase?

JunV
I emailed peggy@mppsolar.com as suggested on the Texasfilipino’s YouTube channel as supposedly there are cheap clones out there on eBay. Will likely be a month before I get it.

JunV

Whats the total wattage of the panels added together -- I am hoping you don't mean that you have 400 watts TOTAL .. will just did a video on A/C a few days ago ... on youtube ... but 400 Watts is NOT even going to be remotely enough to run let alone charge even a 5000BTU A/C

Whats the total wattage of the panels added together -- I am hoping you don't mean that you have 400 watts TOTAL .. will just did a video on A/C a few days ago ... on youtube ... but 400 Watts is NOT even going to be remotely enough to run let alone charge even a 5000BTU A/C
Hi, I'm not sure if I said it right. I have 4 panels of 100 watt each so If i wire it in series I should get 400 watt 48v system.

Like I said i'm totally new to this and not very knowledgeable. I'm a computer tech and I'm not into high voltage stuff. I watched will's video on a/c but it's just hard to find the components that he's recommending like the Charge controller and Battery.

Back